Are There United Kingdom "states" Other Than What Is In Cs-Cart?

We have been trying to manually enter a few orders in to CS4.2.2 and for some reason the states that our customers are giving are not in there. So I was wondering if anyone had to add more states or if I have 5 customers so far who have given us incorrect information?

Hello,

Can you please give us an example of such non-existent state?

Please note that you can modify the standard ones and add your custom states on the Administration > Shipping & Taxes > States page of your CS-Cart admin panel.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1413168383' post='193970']

We have been trying to manually enter a few orders in to CS4.2.2 and for some reason the states that our customers are giving are not in there. So I was wondering if anyone had to add more states or if I have 5 customers so far who have given us incorrect information?

[/quote]

We received complaints regarding UK states from 2 customers in the beginning of 2014. Please post this issue to the bag tracker.

We just had a customer from Italy who asked why we only offered “Palermo” as a state. After looking that is in fact the only “state” that is being offered. This is the same for both of the carts we have using 4.2.2. The carts still using CS2.2.5 have 106 “states” for Italy. No wonder our international sales have CRASHED!

It looks like maybe 6 “states” are missing from the UK in version 4.2.2. That will be easier to fix once we figure out what is missing. Adding all of the ones from Italy and then figuring out what other countries are all screwed up will be the interesting fact.

@ecomlabs

No, sorry, I did not post this in the bug tracker. First of all it really doesn't feel like it helps because they rarely listen. Second of all, I'm sure they will want to charge me for looking my direction at some point. Sadly, I just do not feel too confident with the service level of CS any longer. Over the past few years they have slowly dropped to the point that we not only want to report and say anything any longer, but we are actively looking for an alternative shopping cart. We no longer want all the bells and whistles, but instead we are looking for support and releases that don't break so many freaking things. One more thing, it needs to release small “bug” fixes more often instead of waiting months in between.

Why not simply disable all “states” (or actually counties as they are called in UK) and leave the field to be completed manually (as an option) by the customer or your staff at the back-end?

The counties are not officially needed by either Royal Mail or any courier company.

The most important information about UK address is [b]Post Code /b and Building Number (or Building Name).

County (or state) is not necessary.

We are based in UK and having disabled all pre-set Counties/States for United Kingdom, cs-cart ordering works just fine.

Raff has the right idea: leave it up to the customer to fill in the blanks.

Alternately, I have added provinces to France and the UK, since you can add them yourself.

If you ever intend to ship to military bases you need to add the AF, AA & AE states to the US also.