Apply Coupon via direct link

Good stuff, they could probably work a few wonders and get it working like a charm!

I’ve still not had a go yet… Out of interest, what happens if an invalid or non-existant coupon is specified? Does it cause an error or just not do anything?

it shows the usual “invalid coupon” warning…

Oh, ok… I’ve yet to play with the coupons at all really, other than testing them with my artist commission mod. Hopefully I’ll get round to trying it out sometime soon.

commission Mod ??? Sound interesting! Are you talking about the one that build in CS-Cart?

No its been custom built… We sell mp3 download for bands, it ties in with their artist account and pays them their royalties on a per-sale basis.

[quote name=‘SWS’]Just to let you all know…

I have passed this Mod to CS-Cart for inclusion / improvement in CS 1.3.5[/QUOTE]

Any ideas to has this been included in 1.3.5? Doesn’t seems like.

Not sure, it would be a shame if they didnt, its an extremely useful mod in terms of marketting.

Ill be honest, ive not tried 1.35 much as Ive had my head stuck into other projects

any update on the landing page SWS?

can you send a request to CS-Cart Developer see if they can include this mod in it next release

Yesterday i tried this mod and I think I found a small bug or maybe I did something wrong …

I have created a coupon and a new affiliate.

The coupon code for the affiliate looks like this HIXBLNPQAB-LeChef-310909

Because the coupon is very big and ugly I used your mod to help people enter the coupon directly by clicking on the following link

[URL=“http://www.grandxchef.eu/index.php?coupon=HIXBLNPQAB-LeChef-310909”]http://www.grandxchef.eu/index.php?coupon=HIXBLNPQAB-LeChef-310909[/URL]

Now I followed the steps that a client would follow. I Clicked on the link and found myself in the site. Then I choose some items and then I went through the checkout procedure.

At this point I see the coupon which I can not remove (but this is ok for me).

Here starts the problem. My choice was not to buy anything at this time. So I close the browser and later open it again and go directly to the add some items to my cart , then i go to checkout and the page loads for ever like if it is stuck in a loop. If i stop it and key in the url of the first page it opens with a message that this coupon does not exist. Any time I try to go to check out the page loads forever. I did this thing with all browsers (firefox, chrome, explorer) and 2 different computers in my network (so I tried it without entering the coupon at first and it does the same). What is wrong ??? Can someone check it ?

Maybe i shouldn’t try this mod since there is possibility it is already included in my version of cscart 1.3.5 but there is no documentation to know how to use it (if it is there).

[quote name=‘bekasgr’]Yesterday i tried this mod and I think I found a small bug or maybe I did something wrong …

I have created a coupon and a new affiliate.

The coupon code for the affiliate looks like this HIXBLNPQAB-LeChef-310909

Because the coupon is very big and ugly I used your mod to help people enter the coupon directly by clicking on the following link

[URL=“http://www.grandxchef.eu/index.php?coupon=HIXBLNPQAB-LeChef-310909”]http://www.grandxchef.eu/index.php?coupon=HIXBLNPQAB-LeChef-310909[/URL]

Now I followed the steps that a client would follow. I Clicked on the link and found myself in the site. Then I choose some items and then I went through the checkout procedure.

At this point I see the coupon which I can not remove (but this is ok for me).

Here starts the problem. My choice was not to buy anything at this time. So I close the browser and later open it again and go directly to the add some items to my cart , then i go to checkout and the page loads for ever like if it is stuck in a loop. If i stop it and key in the url of the first page it opens with a message that this coupon does not exist. Any time I try to go to check out the page loads forever. I did this thing with all browsers (firefox, chrome, explorer) and 2 different computers in my network (so I tried it without entering the coupon at first and it does the same). What is wrong ??? Can someone check it ?

Maybe i shouldn’t try this mod since there is possibility it is already included in my version of cscart 1.3.5 but there is no documentation to know how to use it (if it is there).[/QUOTE]

Hello, I have a similiar problem with affiliates coupon codes.

I am trying to apply an affiliate coupon code to an order but it does not work, the coupon only works without the affiliate prefix.

I already tryed setting the conditions of the coupon to “coupon code includes: code” but it does not work. The coupon code only works without the affiliate code.

I also clicked on the affiliate settings “affiliate id is used as coupon prefix”.

This was working fine in 1.3.5

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

Thanks a lot

[quote name=‘denyfitz’]Hello, I have a similiar problem with affiliates coupon codes.

I am trying to apply an affiliate coupon code to an order but it does not work, the coupon only works without the affiliate prefix.

I already tryed setting the conditions of the coupon to “coupon code includes: code” but it does not work. The coupon code only works without the affiliate code.

I also clicked on the affiliate settings “affiliate id is used as coupon prefix”.

This was working fine in 1.3.5

Do you have any idea of what could be the problem?

Thanks a lot[/QUOTE]

I have 1.3.5 so this works fine for me . My problem is that after doing the above mentioned mod , i can not visit the checkout page without having the coupon set in the session. The rest of the post for this mod is so old that i would be surprised to find people with the same problem and i really hopped this mod was somehow included in my version 1.3.5.

Which version do you have ?