Anyway to setup a customer as a "manager" of other customers?

I’m selling to a corporate client who has 30 locations around the US. All orders must be approved by the purchasing manager at corporate headquarters before they ship.

As it stands now I have to email him every order and he replies with “approved” or “not approved.”

Pretty crappy way to do it.

I was wondering if there is any possible way that I can set it up so when an order is placed with a Purchase Order by specific customer accounts. That they get and email and so does he, then he has to login to the site and change the order status from pending to approved?

Is there anyway this can be done, or if not, how much would a mod cost to do something like this?

Any advice or information would be greatly appreciated.

I have this on one of my other custom sites but dont know if CS an do it. We have the same set up as you, 70 locations all going through 1 head office purchaser, it saves them loads of time collating all the orders from each individual site all they have to do is wait till each site orders to them and click approved and we get the email.

Now another customer wants it but I am going to do the same but set up a total new CS cart site up just for them and only containing the products they use. In the sales dept email address we just gonna put the 2 emails, ours and the head office customer. Once he approves we log in and process the order.

Yes I know its another licence and site management but he spends £100k per year and more, maybe you set up a new CS site just for them?

John

Perhaps a “double opt-in” style email.

1. An order is left in the “Open” status.
  2. A hash is created in the orders DB (perhaps from the order id)
  3. The invoice is sent to the purchase manager with two links: Approve / Deny.
  4. When either link is clicked, it opens a browser and sets the order status.

You think that would work?

[quote name=‘gginorio’]Perhaps a “double opt-in” style email.

1. An order is left in the “Open” status.
  2. A hash is created in the orders DB (perhaps from the order id)
  3. The invoice is sent to the purchase manager with two links: Approve / Deny.
  4. When either link is clicked, it opens a browser and sets the order status.

You think that would work?[/QUOTE]

This is a pretty good idea. Won’t even tie it into database, Just 2 links, one approve, i deny and then I can manually change it based on what the manager selects

Good idea