Anything else I can do to speed up site before switching host?

Im trying to avoid switching host at the moment cause its a pain in the a** to do.

I wanna know if there is anything else we can do to speed up our website before trying that again.

I found out today that we are going from 400 to 500-600 using a day on the site.

A few days last month we had over 2000 user in one day.

I’ve tried to improve some SEO. I’ve cleared logs, clear cache, Cleared everything that I could!

I have 115,000 files between 4 sites on the host.

The main site is about 7Gb in size and has

a DB of 900,xxx rows and 161Mb

Here is a speedtest results page

Move host, because it's a piss in the ocean compared to trying to solve your current problems. TTFB of 12.916s…you gotta be kidding, right?

Clear ceched data won't speed up your site because it'll have rebuild each page when that page is visited first time.

Things you can concider is removing and disabling any addon, script or image you don't need.

Reduce the items on the page so less data is being freshed each time.

Reduce the size of image and reoptimise them.

Reduce the category levels if needed or possible.

But in the end you have look at hosting, either improve the current or move.

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1363298955' post='157791']

Clear ceched data won't speed up your site because it'll have rebuild each page when that page is visited first time.

Things you can concider is removing and disabling any addon, script or image you don't need.

Reduce the items on the page so less data is being freshed each time.

Reduce the size of image and reoptimise them.

Reduce the category levels if needed or possible.

But in the end you have look at hosting, either improve the current or move.

[/quote]

I think I just now was finally able to speed up the site. Im getting TTFB of 1-3s

What did you do to make those gains? It was 12.916s yesterday, now 10.8. You're only going to get anywhere near 1-3 seconds for repeat views with this current setup.

[quote name='StellarBytes' timestamp='1363374024' post='157862']

What did you do to make those gains? It was 12.916s yesterday, now 10.8. You're only going to get anywhere near 1-3 seconds for repeat views with this current setup.

[/quote]

This is my results from earlier today.

http://www.webpagete…_K0Y/1/details/

Well somehow the code to do the combined css wasn't working right. Replaced it and now its speeding up.

But I just tried to install that smartoptimizer and it actually directed every single page of the website to a 404 error page