Anyone put products on shopping.com?

Hey guys I have my products on google base so far. I was wondering if anyone has tried shopping.com? It’s a cpc site. Is it worth it? Do you like it? I also heard of shopzilla. Let me know your feed back and if there are any other places to list your products that are worth while.

[quote name=‘sh1nn3r’]Hey guys I have my products on google base so far. I was wondering if anyone has tried shopping.com? It’s a cpc site. Is it worth it? Do you like it? I also heard of shopzilla. Let me know your feed back and if there are any other places to list your products that are worth while.[/QUOTE]

Yep, we’ve tried Shopping.com and shopzilla. We did a little better with shopping.com for some reason, but it was still pretty expensive. It really depends on the type of product you sell. Since we sell a lot of items that cost under $5 it became too much to pay their high cpc. There really isn’t any “bidding”, they just have one price.

Probably the biggest pain is getting your file ready and updated on a regular basis. Google (Froogle) is easy because CS exports to it. Right now we are testing out the software from…

[url]http://www.softartstudio.com/feedfile/[/url]

…to see if can just change the Google file CS exports and make it easier.

The program listed before did not pan out too well. Has anyone else had any luck with a program that makes it easier to upload items to shopping portals?

My items are bigger ticket items so something like shopping.com might work. How hard was it to have the files uploaded?

The actual upload of a file was fairly easy with most of them, it is the preparation of the files that takes longer. What I am doing right now is exporting the Google file and then updating that for each shopping domain. This is not bad most of the year, but it kills me during 4th quarter when there just isn’t enough time in the day.

The site we are exploring right now is [url]http://www.productfeedmanager.com/[/url] . Most of the sites wanted a couple hundred dollars a month just to use their service and that does not include the click thrus you would pay for from the shopping domain like shopping.com, etc. This feed manager is charging about $50 for 8 of the sites so I may give it a shot. Right now they don’t show CS-Cart, but they said they can “configure” our store to work.

sh1nn3r-

Have you looked at the Data Feeds addon? It should help with preparing the file for upload. It originally lacked support for product and image URLs but that was fixed in 2.0.12.

Bob

I have not looked at the data feed as of yet. I will take a look at it shortly. Currently I am not set up with shopping.com but I just wanted to see if it was worth the money.

We did not do very good on shopping.com when you look at the ROI. They actually ended up showing the funds chewed up pretty fast with next to no orders. It was actually must worse than on ppc sites like Google. BUT. We have learned a few things since then. We started listing on other sites and realized part of our problem was we were listing too many of our small items (like decks of cards) that we just could not recoup the money on small items like that. This is one of the reasons we are looking at them again. We think if we try it with other types of products we will do fine as we have done on other similar sites.

Bob,

On the data feed in 2.0, I had not seen that yet. I have started to mess with it to see how it works on one of our new sites, but we do not use it on our 2 main sites. This may actually be something that would make me want to change or upgrade to the “latest” version of CS.

Hey Bob, on the fields, how do you put stuff like the shopping sites categories? For example, I see how we can export image links, etc. but I do not see how I would add something like 10,100,100 which means nothing to us, but it might tell which category a particular item would be put in to on the shopping site.

[quote name=‘clips’]Hey Bob, on the fields, how do you put stuff like the shopping sites categories? For example, I see how we can export image links, etc. but I do not see how I would add something like 10,100,100 which means nothing to us, but it might tell which category a particular item would be put in to on the shopping site.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, you can’t currently do that. I think I saw elsewhere the suggestion that you could add arbitrary fields to the data feed _ I think this is what you are after.

Bob

Alright this has not happened before but I just uploaded some more products to google base and now its not uploading them all. I tried again and same results

243 of 346 have been inserted…

Anyone have that happen?

I’m not for sure how 2.? works, but in the old version it did not seem to upload “out of stock” items. If it was something that changed quickly for me, what I would do is move the “quantity” to the right and did not export it. Again, this is what I do for the older, 1.3.5 sp4 version. Someone else may have more experience with 2.

I will give that a shot.