anyone else using cs-cart for custom work?

Anyone else having custom work done? I’m curious how well they stuck to the time line. I have had two jobs done. The first one was last September and it was completed as expected. I think it may have gone over a week but that was no big deal.

I had them start on part two at the end of January. They were supposed to start in one week and then it would be done in 8 business days. My completion date was Feb. 11. It has been sitting at “95% complete” ever since then. This week I got a message that they had to assign my project to someone else, so I don’t know if my developer quit or got fired or what.

I was just curious if they were behind on all custom work right now or if it is just me.

I have done several and I would never commit to that kind of a time line. Development is a long term relationship that goes on well past the launch date. Is it possible to launch a site in 8 days? Of course depending on the level of complexity.

I’m not sure what you mean? You wouldn’t agree to an estimated completion date of 8 days?

I have them working on a feature for the back end. I thought it might take longer, but when it has been sitting at “95% complete” for 2 months and the developer was telling me to expect it in another week ever since then I wonder what is going on. I don’t even know if it will be done in 3 months at this point. The first project they did for me went well so I’d like to think this is an isolated incident and I could use them for custom work again. At this point I would not consider it. I am afraid to even ask about fixing bugs on part I of the project because I need the part II before the bug fixes… but at the same time I need the bugs fixed. :eek:

As I said it depends on the complexity of the site. You can have one done in a day. But before I’d commit to a time schedule I’d make darn sure I had all the information and files I needed.

It sounds like your developer is taking too long.

I had them do a small mod for me this week, said it would be 5 days but finished in 3

JOhn

Yeah, he’s most definitely taking too long. I guess it’s good to know it’s only me. :rolleyes: I had assumed the reason he was so behind is because he was working on too many projects at once. As far as I know, nothing has been accomplished on my job for around 2 months.

I finally got an update that someone is actually working on it now. They apparently have to figure out what the other guy did and then finish it up. Hopefully it won’t be much longer now.

Well, I am adding custom features to backend but all I have to rely is my skill.

I was referring to the cs-cart team doing the work. :cool:

Is anyone else using them? I’m still curious is this is an isolated incident. I’m pretty frustrated with this project.

I am also curious as I need some custom work done.

Is it usually worth it to go with cs-cart or a third party?

I have had CS-Cart do quite a bit of custom work for me. I have been extremely pleased with their work. I would highly recommend them.

You must have had a fluke.

Hope that helps.

Adam

I thought I would update this thread.

It ended up taking until June before my addon was finally complete. The timing was awful, as I was having a baby and knew I wouldn’t be able to test it. I finally received all the files for the addon on June 17, 5 months after I had paid for the project, and 4 months after it was supposed to be done.

I did some limited testing and the basic functionality appeared to be working. However, recently I was surprised to find my server error log full of PHP errors that are being generated by the custom addon.

I contacted cs-cart about these errors, but they will require more money to fix them because my bug-fixing period expired in May (before I even received the completed addon). So, I will need to pay them to fix something that should have been done correctly in the first place.

Long story short, I will never hire cs-cart to do another custom project.

[quote]

I contacted cs-cart about these errors, but they will require more money to fix them because my bug-fixing period expired in May (before I even received the completed addon). So, I will need to pay them to fix something that should have been done correctly in the first place.

[/quote]

They have to rewrite this rule about custom works. Is complete dishonest. Bug-fixing period should start after the addon is delivered.

[quote name=‘ogia’]…

I contacted cs-cart about these errors, but they will require more money to fix them because my bug-fixing period expired in May (before I even received the completed addon). So, I will need to pay them to fix something that should have been done correctly in the first place…[/quote]

Congratulations on the new baby!

Your bug fixing period cannot logical end before the project is finished.

Have you asked to speak to the owner of the company?

Okay, to be fair, I received a reply back from them today and they missed the fact that the addon was delivered so late, therefore my bug fixing period would have been 3 months from that date. Even though we are past that time, they agreed to go ahead and fix the errors after I complained. It sounds like they want to make this right.

I still don’t plan on using them for custom work again. This has not been a good experience overall.