Anyone doing 50 sales a day with your cs-cart?

Anyone doing 50 sales a day with you cs-cart? Just wondering did you work your ass off marketing (how long) or did you just have a great type-in domain and sat back counting the money everyday?

Thanks

I am just checking out alot of company profiles and see like for luxury goods, lingerie atc atc they report crazy turnovers like £9m, £490mil etc etc and that cannot just be from SEO and ranking high they must be blowing huge amounts of money to get their site out their or am I wrong?

I Agree, they must advertise a lot.

50 sales a day doesn’t seem impossible though, we’ve had some days like that.

I have only had 16 sales to date but I didn’t open my store until September 2010. I received 100% of my sales from Google advertising. I have huge aspirations for the spring season as I sell pond supplies.

Push your website everywhere existing customers, email marketing (See [url]http://www.ez-ms.com/[/url]) for mail chimp integration, (mailchimp account req),flyers on cars in shops etc, local press, everywhere you can but as cheap as possible.

Visitors will then come and google follows visitors not neccessarily the other way round. Push push push.

good luck

John

[quote name=‘johnbol1’]Push your website everywhere existing customers, email marketing (See [url]http://www.ez-ms.com/[/url]) for mail chimp integration, (mailchimp account req),flyers on cars in shops etc, local press, everywhere you can but as cheap as possible.

Visitors will then come and google follows visitors not neccessarily the other way round. Push push push.

good luck

John[/QUOTE]

I was going to get theh mail chimp integration but it says that it might slow down checkout and that scares me!

Author of the mailchimp integration here…

[quote]

I was going to get theh mail chimp integration but it says that it might slow down checkout and that scares me!

[/quote]

Any external action during checkout (including Google analytics, conversion tracking or any other actions) will technically slow down checkout. However, the transactions to mailchimp only take a few milli-seconds to complete.

I doubt you would notice any difference. I was simply trying to be “full disclosure” and technically correct.

There is one transaction for the Ecommerce data and one transaction per list update (usually 1) at the end of checkout.

Your gains will far out way any very minute checkout delays. Nothing that a customer will notice. If they do, then it’s probably something other than mailchimp.

I’ve been really looking forward to the mailchimp integration. Once our site is ready for launch I’m getting mine!

Stu

Hi

I am currently using Aweber to create my lists, so will looki at mailchimp integration later on…

I was just on the mailchimp site and saw that for up-to 1000 member their service is free so might get the integration plugin…

…does anyone know that if I upload my existing cs-cart list will I have to make all these subscribers subscribe again by sending them an email to say “I am now on mailchimp please click on link to subscribe” or will mailchimp allow me to email them?

Thanks

B

----------------------------------------

Just asked them, they said that I do not

[quote]

does anyone know that if I upload my existing cs-cart list will I have to make all these subscribers subscribe again by sending them an email to say “I am now on mailchimp please click on link to subscribe” or will mailchimp allow me to email them?

[/quote]

No, for exporting existing data the “double opt-in” option is set to FALSE.

I average about 50 a day on my main store but some of those are free orders. I get the bulk of my traffic by promoting on my high traffic content sites. That builds credibility where search engines are concerned so my products are pretty visible in search engines as well.

I have the Mailchimp addon. It works great. Most of those 50 orders a day are opting in so it’s working out nicely. We exported 20,000 emails from cs-cart to Mailchimp. Not only that, those emails have order data tied to them. I can go into Mailchimp and segment out the list by order totals, products ordered, date ranges, etc. A.W.E.S.O.M.E.