Anybody using Verified by Visa or Mastercard Secure?

We are seriosly considering the option of participating in Verified by Visa and Mastercard Secure authentication mechanism.

The key to participation is being able to pass the data. I wonder if CSC allows that and can it be implemented?

does anybody have any experience, tips to share etc.? what are some costs involved etc.?

Just wanted to get some discussion going.

thanks

[quote name=‘buldag’]We are seriosly considering the option of participating in Verified by Visa and Mastercard Secure authentication mechanism.

The key to participation is being able to pass the data. I wonder if CSC allows that and can it be implemented?

does anybody have any experience, tips to share etc.? what are some costs involved etc.?

Just wanted to get some discussion going.

thanks[/QUOTE]Have you looked at Hacker Safe by www.scanalert.com?

Sure you can pass the data. thats how most gateways work. this is just another layer on top of that. It certainly can be done.

Here is some information about these programs:

(I am still researching, but this is what I’ve found as relevant information on this topic so far)

Good Discussion of this topic and some FAQs answered on SP

Apparently we need to have a module for passing the data. I wonder if Authorize.AIM already includes this module? OSC has actually developed this module for its carts… maybe CSC can do the same…

VbV and MS module for OSC

I think soon such authentication mechanisms will become standard…

I am wondering if anyone (developer) here can take a peek and let me know if this is something we can accomplish adding to both v1.3.5.spx as well as v2.x.x stores

edit: [URL]http://www.filetx.net/download.php?file=330vbv_toolkit.zip[/URL]

Thanks in advance…

sraza

As a merchant, I don’t know much about verified by visa. As a customer, I hate it. You have to go through a process to get your card verified and then after that enter another password to verify yourself. I abandon a lot of those carts.

both as a customer and a merchant, i wanna protect my ASSETS…what ever it takes…

[QUOTE]verified by visa[/QUOTE]

Funny, I remember about 3-4 years ago that was the big buzzword of the time, just like PCI DSS is today. And back then the word on the street was, it costs 20-25K for shopping cart developers to obtain the verified by visa certification, and everyone MUST have this by such & such a date “or else”. Funny that we never did get shut down for not using a certified “verified by visa” shopping cart! :confused:

BTW, just for the record, we very much do care & protect our customers confidential information as if it were our own! It is just all of the BS ways of the banking/credit card/security scanning industry looks for to put the screws to small business that I find amazing!