Any UK based recommendations?

We are UK based and I am wondering if there is any advantage in having UK based hosting other than 'support' being in the same timezone (probably not the case anyway). Most of our customers would be UK based as well. Would it actually be quicker or make any difference at all?

I can be quicker, yes. Also, some say google takes it into account for SEO.

As support goes, I'd go for a host that has 24/7 support.

I'm with futurehosting with UK server. Very happy there… (and yes, that's an affiliate link)

[quote name='hallwoodt' timestamp='1346167982' post='143843']

We are UK based and I am wondering if there is any advantage in having UK based hosting other than 'support' being in the same timezone (probably not the case anyway). Most of our customers would be UK based as well. Would it actually be quicker or make any difference at all?

[/quote]

Hallwoodt,

Yes you would see a difference in load speeds as the traffic does not have to go across the pond. There would be a lot less hops on the route the traffic takes when the server is in the UK as opposed the US. If most of your customers are in the UK it makes sense for you to host there.

We do have servers in both teh US and UK if you would like to give us a try. We have a 25% discount going on right now for CS-Cart users.

Details at E-Commerce and VPS Hosting 25% off for a limited time - Third-Party Services - CS-Cart Community Forums

Thank you!

I am also with futurehosting in the UK, excellent priced servers and amazing support.

John

I host in Uk and Germany, the are a lot of things to consider when thinking of speed to your customer's browser. My German sites are a lot fast them some UK sites. The ping difference is about 3-5ms only.

Having said that I recommend staying is UK if it's only one site and I would recommend Vidahost.co.uk - coupon for 10% off “auction”

Best support and very fast servers because they don't over sell, cloud hosting is very impressive.