Anti Fraud

What the meaning of this mod and why to use this mod and where. I just signup for the 30 days trial account and enter the serial number which they have provided me but i haven’t find any display on admin site and frontpage. I also enable the mod. Any help would be better for me.

This addon suppose to help you identify fraud transactions, you will need to enable this addon in the admin section and set the minimum score that you are willing to allow I have mine set at 3.5, then every time an order comes through it will go through the fraud check at maxmind and you will see the results in the order details in the back-end.if the score comes back less than what you have set, the order will be approved otherwise it will be not then you decide which way to go.

[quote name=‘gasngrills’]This addon suppose to help you identify fraud transactions, you will need to enable this addon in the admin section and set the minimum score that you are willing to allow I have mine set at 3.5, then every time an order comes through it will go through the fraud check at maxmind and you will see the results in the order details in the back-end.if the score comes back less than what you have set, the order will be approved otherwise it will be not then you decide which way to go.[/QUOTE]

did you say MAXMIND?

So, the new version from CS-CART has a way to integrate with minFraud (from maxmind) software?

Or, in your case, you need to implement some adjusts?

I am using a 2006 version of the Cs-Cart software just because I make a lot of adjust for it and maybe it won’t be interesting to use a new version (2009).

Where can I find the features comes from 2006 to 2009? Is there any documentation about it?

Thank you!

nobody has tryed to use Anti fraud service from Maxmind?

The cs-cart mod looks very simple. Or am I wrong?

Thanks,

zzzzzzzz

People are very interesting to talk about how to not lose money in internet frauds.

Tks!

I think, this mod work and display some info only when you use you own charge system

[quote name=‘miracles’]What the meaning of this mod and why to use this mod and where. I just signup for the 30 days trial account and enter the serial number which they have provided me but i haven’t find any display on admin site and frontpage. I also enable the mod. Any help would be better for me.[/QUOTE]

I’m using (or better used) the anti fraud but have found it quite useless.

If your order is deemed to be a to high fraud risk (which happened with my own test order) the payment is not processed via our payment gateway however the customer receives NO notification that his order had not been paid.

It also does not give you any indication why the order actually was rejected. So i disabled it again as I don’t want to loose orders.

[quote name=‘steve22’]I’m using (or better used) the anti fraud but have found it quite useless.

If your order is deemed to be a to high fraud risk (which happened with my own test order) the payment is not processed via our payment gateway however the customer receives NO notification that his order had not been paid.

It also does not give you any indication why the order actually was rejected. So i disabled it again as I don’t want to loose orders.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you. I know this is an old thread, but found it while looking for a workaround.

I think CSCart needs to change this mod. It needs to charge the order against the credit card, but leave the order in the open status. If the store owner determines that the order should be accepted, he/she can just set it as processed without having to figure out a way to process the credit card - If the store owner decides to reject the order, then they can issue the refund.