Another Upgrade Question

[COLOR=“Purple”]Since my PC cannot handle a personal server at the moment, I have to copy the directory I have a running store in to a sub-directory to upgrade. The idea of upgrading a live store scares me to death…

After I run through the upgrades from 2.0.8 up to 2.0.12, with the exception of the config files of course, do I upload ALL the folders to the original directory ? I am assuming an upgrade, especially one that spans 4 versions must affect every folder…[/COLOR]

Doing the upgrades from the admin control panel will handle everything for you. What you will need to do is cut/paste any modifications you made back into the new files. CS-Cart will tell you what files were changed and also do a comparison to show you what was added or removed.

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]Doing the upgrades from the admin control panel will handle everything for you. What you will need to do is cut/paste any modifications you made back into the new files. CS-Cart will tell you what files were changed and also do a comparison to show you what was added or removed.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Purple”]Ok…so maybe it is safe to upgrade a live store ? As long as I know what the modifications were ?[/COLOR]

[quote name=‘DawnG’][COLOR=“Purple”]Ok…so maybe it is safe to upgrade a live store ? As long as I know what the modifications were ?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

It’s safe … just make a backup of everything before you begin… including your database. You have quite a few upgrades to get from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12 … but after each one, make sure fix the changes CS-Cart makes to your files/templates. I don’t know how much customizing you’ve done to your site.

[quote name=‘racingsolution’]It’s safe … just make a backup of everything before you begin… including your database. You have quite a few upgrades to get from 2.0.8 to 2.0.12 … but after each one, make sure fix the changes CS-Cart makes to your files/templates. I don’t know how much customizing you’ve done to your site.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“Purple”]Thanks so very much for your help…:smiley: I haven’t done a lot of customizing, just a few changes here and there to mail/order templates. Fingers crossed[/COLOR] :slight_smile: