Another quantity promotion question ...

Trying to set up a promotion where customer has to buy minimum of five items from a category to obtain 20% off items purchased from that category. The discount works fine and will only be given on the items from the category, but the promotion is given regardless of the category items are selected from …

Eg buy any 5 or more from category A and get 20% off items from that category.

The cart is allowing 20% off items from category A, but the customer may have only bought one item from category A and 4 from category B, no discount is given to items from category B.

Have tried just about every combination to work this out and not getting anywhere - this should be simple, or so I thought!!

Barry

You should set

Condition:Total products in the cart: 5

Bonus: Discount on all products in categories: 20%

This shows discount in checkout but does not deduct 20% from total…

[quote name=‘Darius’]You should set

Condition:Total products in the cart: 5

Bonus: Discount on all products in categories: 20%

This shows discount in checkout but does not deduct 20% from total…[/QUOTE]

No it will still allow ANY product to be added/counted (part of 5 in cart) and will give the discount ONLY off any product(s) from the correct category.

Discount works fine…

only discounts from products in correct category, but ANY products COUNT as “in cart”.

We want it to be “MUST buy 5 from category” NOT 4 from category and a random product to make up to 5 etc!!!

Barryh

[quote name=‘BarryH’]No it will still allow ANY product to be added/counted (part of 5 in cart) and will give the discount ONLY off any product(s) from the correct category.

Discount works fine…

only discounts from products in correct category, but ANY products COUNT as “in cart”.

We want it to be “MUST buy 5 from category” NOT 4 from category and a random product to make up to 5 etc!!!

Barryh[/QUOTE]

You are right. This is a missing feature or a bug

Thanks Darius, have added this as a bug. Just wanted to make sure it wasn’t me missing something simple.

Barry

did anyone find a solution to this

Hi Barry, you found the solution to this problem.? I have the same and do not know how to solve it.

Found the only one solution to this priblem. I have created three conditions.

1. If categories in “Discount Category”
  2. If categories not in “Check all other categories”.
  3. Total products in the cart = 5

Disadvantage of the method is that the discount wouldn’t work if the customer wants to buy anything else besides these 5 items.