Annoying Issues In 4.3.2

Hi,

Have been using 4.3.2 for approx 2 weeks and noticed these issues:

1. Responsive theme:

It’s not possible to view the “cart” after adding a product and clicking “continue shopping”.

The view cart button on the responsive theme shows but when I select it on the phone it shows a drop down list of items in the cart, however this list is left aligned and does not show half the text or the “view cart” button.

There is no other “view cart” button on the page, so this makes it impossible to view the cart on the phone.

Phone: Galaxy S5, S6 etc

Browser: Chrome stable and Chrome beta latest versions

screen shot attached showing the issue.

I know this can be fixed by adding “view cart” button to the top, but the drop down list should correctly show on mobile device too.

2. Product search in admin backend is non responsive or slow.

When in the admin backend view and searching for products, the search now seems to “freeze” the whole page/browser when entering a search term and clicking enter or search button.

The search is still successful but the browser/page freezes for approx 15 - 20 seconds and nothing can be done during this time.

It then unfreezes and shows the search results as expected, it did not do this before 4.3.2.

I noticed we can now search using part numbers, not sure if this is related.

We only have 1600~ products so it should not be product amount related.

Anyone with similar experience or a fix?

Thanks,

Qbasix

Screenshot_2015-07-07-12-50-13.jpg

1. The “save” button does not work on the Product list page, clicking it does nothing.

I setup a V4.3.3 store myself today with the Responsive theme and not having these issues like yours in my mobile chrome browser. Perhaps it was a temp. Webkit (browser) issue ?

Just installed 4.3.3 and product search is freezing the screen 20 - 30 seconds during search … Save button works fine however … using Chrome.

We are using IE11 latest version.

Have not been able to fix the issues above, the search freezing for 30+ seconds its especially annoying.

Hi,

I am also find the same issues. Pls let me know if anyone finds a fix for this.

My search in 4.3.2 admin panel is hanging and the search in the store front is taking more than 40 seconds to return the search. It is now clear that this bug needs to be fixed urgently by CS-Cart.

Guys, first of all try to change default sorting of products to “no sorting”: http://note.io/1RJzx7l

Tried that. Doesn't fix it in Safari for Mac. Spinning beach ball for 20-30 seconds.

Does not fix the issue for us…

Our search only pauses in the admin, not in the storefront.

Setting “no sorting” does not fix it.

[quote name='Qbasix' timestamp='1437435966' post='223678']

Does not fix the issue for us…

Our search only pauses in the admin, not in the storefront.

Setting “no sorting” does not fix it.

[/quote]

How many products do you have?

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1437411041' post='223644']

Tried that. Doesn't fix it in Safari for Mac. Spinning beach ball for 20-30 seconds.

[/quote]

AM I right that you mean Admin area?

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1437645470' post='224068']

How many products do you have?

AM I right that you mean Admin area?

[/quote]

417 products.

Yes, admin area.

The new cs-cart simple search takes more than 1 minute on very powerful and expensive mysql optimized VPS!
The old 2.0x version still runs fine there and even 4.0x is alright.
New cs-cart is completely useless if you have 20K products, so we have no way of using it, even though we have paid for it in full. Stupid me - haven't tested it before buying.
And what's best - the code is so confusing that there is no way to make simple replacement for this long running query.
All I want is SELECT * FROM products WHERE name like '%searchme%' which takes only milliseconds.
We are really pissed of of this software. And it looks like opencart is the way to go for us. I have already tested it with 100K prods and it looks promising after some minor tweaks. WTF?

Looks like something wrong with the CS-Cart installation or server configuration.

They tested it with 50000 products on slow server and received the following results:

http://blog.cs-cart.com/2015/02/11/speed-boost-in-cs-cart-4-3-1-beta/

20K products should not be a problem for CS-Cart

The new cs-cart simple search takes more than 1 minute on very powerful and expensive mysql optimized VPS!

The old 2.0x version still runs fine there and even 4.0x is alright.

New cs-cart is completely useless if you have 20K products, so we have no way of using it, even though we have paid for it in full. Stupid me - haven't tested it before buying.

And what's best - the code is so confusing that there is no way to make simple replacement for this long running query.

All I want is SELECT * FROM products WHERE name like '%searchme%' which takes only milliseconds.

We are really pissed of of this software. And it looks like opencart is the way to go for us. I have already tested it with 100K prods and it looks promising after some minor tweaks. WTF?

Please contact tech support we will investigate the problem.

Hi,

Have been using 4.3.2 for approx 2 weeks and noticed these issues:

2) Product search in admin backend is non responsive or slow.
When in the admin backend view and searching for products, the search now seems to "freeze" the whole page/browser when entering a search term and clicking enter or search button.

The search is still successful but the browser/page freezes for approx 15 - 20 seconds and nothing can be done during this time.

It then unfreezes and shows the search results as expected, it did not do this before 4.3.2.
I noticed we can now search using part numbers, not sure if this is related.

We only have 1600~ products so it should not be product amount related.

Well I finally realised the problem was with the "Google export" add-on.

Earlier this year I had used the Google Export add-on to export our products to Google shopping, which worked well...

However when you have this add-on installed it also integrates into the cs cart search, and you can search products with this add-on.

This is what was causing the search to lag, time out and basically make the product search/handling very frustrating. I noticed it today while doing some product searches using the google fields.

Once I removed the Google Export addon the search in the shop is back to normal, instant.... (disabling the addon did not fix it, had to uninstall).

If you just get rid of all the unused "Google Categories" product feature items, it will address your issue. There's a bug where all 5K Google Categories are attempted to be cached (but only in the current page) one at a time. I reported this in bugtracker some time ago and don't believe I ever got a response.

I have multi-vendor 4.3.4

it was working before

but now every time I press "Edit content on site"

it takes me directly to "Visual Editor"

how to solve this?!!