And more bugs. add to cart hangs for 20 seconds.

Any reason for add to cart process to reload whole catalogue each time? resulting in insane lag on each product added to cart?

[quote name='maxst' timestamp='1363614226' post='158005']

reload whole catalogue each time?

[/quote]

Explain?

Can you post your URL?

Not live yet.

1. When I list 100 products on page it takes 20 seconds to load the page. Well cs-cart is slow and that's another thing
  2. What is really strange that page has same 20 seconds “loading” on each add to cart click.

If you show just 10 products on page it adds to cart fast.

And you host and package is…? There are far too many variables, mostly all down to the underlying server, which could cause this. What you have said, however, would definitely put me in the frame of mind that your problems are caused by the server, not the cart software.

Site5 is stating everything is perfect on their side. They are known for hosting even magento, which is supposed heavier on resources.

[quote name='maxst' timestamp='1363617321' post='158012']

Site5 is stating everything is perfect on their side. They are known for hosting even magento, which is supposed heavier on resources.

[/quote]

Which hosting package are you on?

How is that relevant? When Site5 promotes even magento running on shared hosting without issues?

If I had 2-5 sec lags I'd opt for higher performance servers but I have 20sec loads and 20 sec delays on each add to cart action.

[quote name='maxst' timestamp='1363624052' post='158014']

How is that relevant? When Site5 promotes even magento running on shared hosting without issues?

If I had 2-5 sec lags I'd opt for higher performance servers but I have 20sec loads and 20 sec delays on each add to cart action.

[/quote]So there is no lag with Site5 and a Magento site on shared hosting with 100 products loaded on 1 Page? Can they give you an example site?

I have been following the bug tracking on CS-Cart since v3.0 was released and I am convinced that most of the issues can be attributed to sub-par hosting providers.

IMO, If you are serious about running a reputable commerce shop, a dedicated server should be the first thing you invest in.

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I have 20sec loads and 20 sec delays on each add to cart action.[/font][/color][/quote]

Hint: I can assure you the majority of us experienced CS-Cart users are not experiencing this type of performance on our sites… so what does this tell you? :)

And PS: Many of us are not running on NASA level atomic powered servers either…

[quote name='requincreative' timestamp='1363625171' post='158016']I have been following the bug tracking on CS-Cart since v3.0 was released and I am convinced that most of the issues can be attributed to sub-par hosting providers.[/quote]

This one well ignored http://forum.cs-cart…date-messed-up/ as well?

[quote name='requincreative' timestamp='1363625171' post='158016']IMO, If you are serious about running a reputable commerce shop, a dedicated server should be the first thing you invest in.[/quote]

Please show me a perfect example of top notch hosting for cs cart.

If I get 6-8 sec instead of 20sec paying $500-800 a month this isn't logical isn't it?

If page spams tons of unnecessary requests why would hosting be blamed?

What could be the reason of 8 sec lag between ajax.js and top_bg.png?

I said most of the issues.

I don't even pay $200/month for my server and my load time is 1.84s with no speed optimizations to date

What causes 6-8 sec load time? Shared hosting for one.

[quote name='requincreative' timestamp='1363631007' post='158028']

I said most of the issues.

I don't even pay $200/month for my server and my load time is 1.84s with no speed optimizations to date

What causes 6-8 sec load time? Shared hosting for one.

[/quote]

Ummm LOL?

Your shop in signature [url=“http://securemyshop.com/cs-cart/”]http://securemyshop.com/cs-cart/[/url]

77 requests ❘ 1004 KB transferred ❘ 17.81 s (onload: 17.85 s, DOMContentLoaded: 14.71 s)DOM[color=#FFFFFF]ContentLoaded: 14.71 s)[/color]

Not even close.

load.JPG

Maxst

Each of your posts i have seen lately have come across to me as at best, slightly neurotic and at worst, insulting and unfriendly.

I suggest a more paletable approach would get you more responsive help and answers.

You were asked a direct question in “what package are you hosted on” and gave a flippant answer…probably to one of the more experienced members who could take time out here to help if he had the tools to, (i.e the answer to his question) but you did yourself no good with “how is that relevant”, you then did a similar thing to requin creative, who in his time here has helpsed many of us with great additions.

I had a similar experience in one of your other threads re: image imports

The forum is here to help and if you dont want it…maybe time to move on.

you wont see me reply to any of your posts any more. maybe I just cant stand whingers!

just my humble opinion.

John

[quote][color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]maybe I just cant stand whingers![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]just my humble opinion.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]John[/font][/color][/quote]

Whingers in the UK, Whiners in the USA, all the same and that’s why we like you John! :-)

I don't want to start another VPS vs Shared topic here.

It is some old shared package I got 7 years ago from them.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]One more time please. What could be the reason of 8 sec lag between ajax.js and top_bg.png?[/font][/color]