An Item Only Available To Add To Cart When Others Are Added?

I have 20 products and I have 1 product that I only want people to be able to add to the cart if 15 out of 20 specific items are already in the cart. Otherwise it can't be added. How can this be done?

I have 20 products and I have 1 product that I only want people to be able to add to the cart if 15 out of 20 specific items are already in the cart. Otherwise it can't be added. How can this be done?

Hello!

You can try the Required products add-on (http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.4.x/user_guide/addons/required_products/set_required_products.html) but note that it automatically adds the other products to cart.

del

I tried just that and yes, how it adds every item automatically is not good. Just wish there was a way the product would show NOT AVAILABLE if specific other items aren't added to the cart already or better yet, it would hide the product.

I will have to seek a custom developer.

Basically this for an additional service I see, but the service makes no sense unless you purchased an item that is eligible for it.

I also wonder why cS-Cart doesn't offer a sample cross-sell item. Like you bought a remove, so let's suggest batteries? I guess the best you can do is add the batteries product to the cart page with an ADD TO CART button but the issue is the batteries look find of funny there if the person bought a washcloth. :)

Hello!

You can try the Required products add-on (http://docs.cs-cart.com/4.4.x/user_guide/addons/required_products/set_required_products.html) but note that it automatically adds the other products to cart.

I tried just that and yes, how it adds every item automatically is not good. Just wish there was a way the product would show NOT AVAILABLE if specific other items aren't added to the cart already or better yet, it would hide the product.

I will have to seek a custom developer.

Basically this for an additional service I see, but the service makes no sense unless you purchased an item that is eligible for it.

I also wonder why cS-Cart doesn't offer a sample cross-sell item. Like you bought a remove, so let's suggest batteries? I guess the best you can do is add the batteries product to the cart page with an ADD TO CART button but the issue is the batteries look find of funny there if the person bought a washcloth. :)

You can also create product bundles, for example.

Are you wanting this product to be hidden if one or more of the other products are not in the cart?

If so, a fairly small hook can be used to keep that (those) product(s) hidden until one of the selected products is in the cart.

If you can code, check out the get_products hook in fn_get_products() function within fn.catalog.php.

If you have links to that product elsewhere, you might need to also use the get_product_data_pre hook to have it generate a 404 if the product detail page is viewed directly.

If you do not find ready to use solution, we will be glad to help you. Feel free to contact us

Additional modification is required! Contact us to get a free quote!

Besides, the Cs-Cart add-on "Advanced Add to Cart button" may be useful for you. This module shows what products have already been added to cart while a customer is browsing in store.

Best regards,

Alt-team.