Amazon Cdn

Hi

I just can not figure out how to setup Amazon CDN, The instruction on CS Carts site are useless. The link provided on the CDN setup page in CS Cart to amazon goes to a 404, and everything I try give me this error

ErrorThe HTTP authorization header is bad, use format: AWS :.

version 4.2.4

Alan

Please list the steps you have taken so far to set this up.

@kingsleypress, when you enable cloudfront, are you seeing any errors in your apache logs? When I enable CDN, error_log gets filled with the following messages.

PHP Warning: file_get_contents(): Unable to find the wrapper ".http" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP? in /app/addons/energothemes_ie9fix/func.php on line 24

No, I'm not getting that error at all.

The only error I'm getting is an Undefined index in app/addons/seo/func.php on line 955.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1433878884' post='218075']

Please list the steps you have taken so far to set this up.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply, I have managed to correct the error with the keys and get the site to setup the CDN on amazon.

But I now have another issue.

I went to my register and setup a c name record of cdn.domain.ie to go to .d2tcnkbqedankw.cloudfront.net/ (I did this just to test)

When I accessed the www.d2tcnkbqedankw.cloudfront.net/ directly I could see the working site

I then went bank to the CDN setting in the admin of the site and filled in the CNAME: field as www.domain.ie (I think this was wrong)

as the site is now broken all I can get is text no layout etc.

You can't use CNAME with CS-Cart. It doesn't work. I forget what the exact problem is, but you might be able to find it by searching this forum. It's been discussed here. I've tried it myself and it didn't work for me. Maybe it will work in the 4.3 branch…

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1433881180' post='218079']

You can't use CNAME with CS-Cart. It doesn't work. I forget what the exact problem is, but you might be able to find it by searching this forum. It's been discussed here. I've tried it myself and it didn't work for me. Maybe it will work in the 4.3 branch…

[/quote]

So how do I correct this, I have not functionality in admin. do you no where in the database the settings are stored so I can delete, If it can not be used why is the field there in the first place.

I just deleted the CNAME entry in the CDN settings and also deleted the CNAME from my DNS Zone in my hosting control panel.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1433881910' post='218084']

I just deleted the CNAME entry in the CDN settings and also deleted the CNAME from my DNS Zone in my hosting control panel.

[/quote]

I can not delete the CNAME entry in the CDN settings as I can see the field on the broken admin. but no save button is shown. I need to find out were in the database the info is stored.

[quote name='Takestock' timestamp='1433881722' post='218082']

If it can not be used why is the field there in the first place.

[/quote]

Because CS-Cart developers thought it was a great idea but they didn't bother making sure it worked, I guess.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1433881910' post='218084']

[/quote]

Ok, I have managed to find the setting in the database and deleted the CNAME and all is working again,

I have my key and secret key filled in and the amazon CDN is now in progress.

But this is were I am confused, if I can not use CNAME. how do I get the site to use the CDN

Alan

[quote name='Takestock' timestamp='1433883233' post='218088']

Ok, I have managed to find the setting in the database and deleted the CNAME and all is working again,

I have my key and secret key filled in and the amazon CDN is now in progress.

But this is were I am confused, if I can not use CNAME. how do I get the site to use the CDN

Alan

[/quote]Ok, It was as simple as clicking on enable CDN, and it now seem to be working without error,

Why do they make something that is so simple, so confusing with useless instruction and filed that you are asked to fill in that cause errors and don't work.

Thanks for the help.

Alan

It’s simple till you add more products and the images don’t show up :-) narr don’t worry.

[quote name='Takestock' timestamp='1433884468' post='218090']

Ok, It was as simple as clicking on enable CDN, and it now seem to be working without error,

Why do they make something that is so simple, so confusing with useless instruction and filed that you are asked to fill in that cause errors and don't work.

Thanks for the help.

Alan

[/quote]

That's exactly what I thought when I originally set it up. The knowledgebase really needs some help on this topic.

ok - where is the CDN settings??!

[quote name='natewallis' timestamp='1434932837' post='219825']

ok - where is the CDN settings??!

[/quote]

Administration>Storage>CDN Settings

Hello, Please let me know how did you manage to erase the CNAME. I have the same problem. No layout, lost interface. ugly site. How to delete the CNAME with no admin interface. I see text but I can't save it. Thank you in advance.