Alt-team Add-On: Shop by Brands

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1361996777' post='156535']

I bought this add-on and installed it per the instructions, but it doesn't work. Instead of using it for “Brand” I'm using it for “Author.” The word “Author” shows up on the page OK, but the actual author's name doesn't. See this page for example:

http://www.kingsleyp…-a-hartley.html

Any ideas?

[/quote]

Hello kingsleypress!

The Shop by Brands add-on works with the Manufacturer feature (or it can be called Brand or Author as you wish). After creating this feature, please don't forget to choose the necessary Author on a product editing page (Products → Products → Edit the necessary product → go to the Features tab and choose the necessary author from the select box).

Also don't forget to choose the necessary feature (“Author” in your situation) in the add-on settings (Administration → Add-ons → Shop by Brands add-on - > click “manage”).

If you do everything right but still have this problem, please contact us with a temporary ftp access, the add-on developer will look into your website and solve the problem. Thank you.

Best regards, Alt-team

I got this working yesterday. Note to others trying to set this up: In the “Product Features” setup you need to choose Selectbox>Extended for type. It seems to only work with that type.

Great add-on.

Addon worked great out of the box. I think it needs one change though.

At the moment you can have brand name only, Brand name and logo, or no display

I think there should be a Logo only option. I would much prefer for this.

Also if there was some way you could set the size that the logo would display on the product page.

Hello Confusion!

Thanks for your recommendations. We've noted them down and try to include in the next add-on version.

Now I can give you an instruction how to change the logo size on the product details page manually.

In the following file

customer\addons\shop_by_brands\hooks\products/product_data.post.tpl

find the line

{include file=“common_templates/image.tpl” images=$image_pair object_type=“feature_variant” image_width=“60” show_thumbnail=“Y” }

and change the image_width as you wish.

Best regards, Alt-team

Dear CS-Cart users!

The Shop by Brands add-on is now compatible with CS-Cart 4.0.x!

We have added several new features:

Dear Friends,

Some changes have been made in CS-Cart “Shop by Brands” add-on. Now it is compatible with 4.2.1. version.

Moreover, we have added a new feature for 4.2.1. version:[list]

[*]Ability to split brands into several columns on the All Brands page.

[/list]

Learn more about it you can here.

Best regards, Alt-team.

How do I get the update for this? I had it for 4.1.5 and it was working fine but since I updated to 4.2.2 it seems to be causing problems. Let me know. Thanks.

Dear Kingsleypress,

Thank you for your question.

You may download the update from the order page in your account on our website (www.alt-team.com).

Best regards, Alt-team.

It says “The download link is expired or not ready.”

I paid for an update to this add-on on July 5th. Do I need to pay again for the download link to become active in my account?

Dear Kingsleypress,

Thank you for your message.

We have seen your topic in our helpdesk system. We will answer you via email as it is more convenient to solve such kind of problems via email.

If you have any problems with payments or account on our site, please, mail to manager@alt-team.com

This case we will manage to work out your issue faster.

Best regards, Alt-team.

OK here we go again. I just updated to 4.2.4 and Shop By Brands isn't working. I'm pretty sure I already have the latest version. Please help.

Dear KingsleyPress,

Thank you for this message.

I informed our developer about this problem.

Within 1-2 business days, we will answer you via email.

Best regards, Alt-team.

Alt-Team,

The problem is now fixed. I'm not sure at this point how it got fixed; but thanks for the reply.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1421848851' post='203117']

Alt-Team,

The problem is now fixed. I'm not sure at this point how it got fixed; but thanks for the reply.

[/quote]

Thank you for this information.

[size=4]Best regards, Alt-team.[/size]

Is this addon compatible with 4.3.2 and 4.3.3?

Kingsleypress,

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1435837573' post='221358']

Is this addon compatible with 4.3.2 and 4.3.3?

[/quote]

Shop by brands has some issues in CS-Cart 4.3.2 and 4.3.1 but they should be eliminated within a few days.

All the best,

Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1436368494' post='222081']

Kingsleypress,

Shop by brands has some issues in CS-Cart 4.3.2 and 4.3.1 but they should be eliminated within a few days.

All the best,

Alt-team

[/quote]

How do we get the upgrade when it's ready?

Is this add-on compatible with CS-Cart 4.3.5?