Alt-team Add-On: "In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses"

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1394314502' post='178988']

Ahh, ok, these are two different mods it looks like. Can I upgrade?? If I do will I have to reassign availability statuses to the entire store again??

[/quote]

Hello Jack,

Now I got your point, you are speaking about the Shipping availability add-on that adds a custom message on a product details page. You are right, this add-on is not connected to inventory, it just adds a message. Unfortunately, we don't plan to add new features to this add-on.

What I can suggest. Please, check our In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses add-on. If you are satisfied with its functionality, you can purchase it. It adds a custom message instead of a standard In Stock/Out-of-stock and works correctly with inventory. Of course, you will have to assign the statuses again because it's a different add-on.

If you purchased the Shipping availability add-on not long ago and don't need it, we can make a little discount for you for the In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses add-on.

Best regards, Alt-team

Yes, the new one is very nice.

But we have a whole list of statuses and have them assigned to 1250 products. If I use the new mod, can I use this data? Or can you help me to update it?

We're currently running a dev store of v4 and hope to go live in a week or so, upgrading from our v3.06 store.

TIA,

Jack

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1394553761' post='179112'] Yes, the new one is very nice. But we have a whole list of statuses and have them assigned to 1250 products. If I use the new mod, can I use this data? Or can you help me to update it? We're currently running a dev store of v4 and hope to go live in a week or so, upgrading from our v3.06 store. TIA, Jack [/quote]

Hello Jack,

There is a simple way to assign your statuses to the products.

In Stock/Out-of-stock statuses add-on has a Global update possibility. Thus, you should bulk choose the products where you would like to assign a certain status, click Global update (Products → Products), add your status and save. I'm sure most of your products have the same statuses that is why the Global update action can really make the process easier.

I also recommend you to read the documentation for In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses add-on attentively to know exactly how the add-on works.

Best regards, Alt-team

I read through the docs and played with the demo. It would be nice to see it in a v4 store admin.

I have a few questions:

Does this also update the internal CS-cart inventory level?

How will this work with GoogleBase Feeds?

The Product Feeds in CS-cart have fields that you map to what fields Google or bing want to name them. You can only show “in stock/out of stock” and in Bing also “available for order”. you map those to the CSCart inventory features to export their status. We developed a cron job to automatically turn them to instock if the inventory level is =>1 and out of stock if it is <1.

I also use WebGility to map and import inventory levels, again using the cs-cart internal levels. Not sure how I'd map that to yours…?

How do we link to what looks to be a completely seperate inventory level system to our regular cs cart one??

Also on my old shipping status mod it showed on the products listings and I could change it via the edit selected as well. Not showing there now, all I see is the other mod for socail status.

Also now I can only seem to change them as a group with the global change?..the other was much easier to see what was what without going into the product.

Jack

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1394838877' post='179310'] I read through the docs and played with the demo. It would be nice to see it in a v4 store admin.[/quote]

Hello Jack,

In Stock/Out-of-stock statuses add-on works for CS-Cart 4 the same way as for CS-Cart 3. There is no difference in demo.

[quote]I have a few questions: Does this also update the internal CS-cart inventory level? How will this work with GoogleBase Feeds? The Product Feeds in CS-cart have fields that you map to what fields Google or bing want to name them. You can only show “in stock/out of stock” and in Bing also “available for order”. you map those to the CSCart inventory features to export their status. We developed a cron job to automatically turn them to instock if the inventory level is =>1 and out of stock if it is <1. I also use WebGility to map and import inventory levels, again using the cs-cart internal levels. Not sure how I'd map that to yours…? How do we link to what looks to be a completely seperate inventory level system to our regular cs cart one?? [/quote]

Our add-on doesn't influence the standard inventory functionality, it doesn't do any database update of an inventory level, etc. It only reads the standard stock info and replaces the standard In Stock/Out-of-stock status with a custom message specified by admin for every range of available products. Custom statuses are shown in the storefront and not got written in the database. Thus, you can change or work with the standard inventory like you wish and it will not break the custom statuses.

As far as I can see, there shouldn't be problems with GoogleBase or WebGility if you work with the standard inventory functionality. If you use any modules which modify the standard inventory, incompatibility with the In Stock/Out-of-stock alternative statuses add-on may occur.

[quote name='JackConnick' timestamp='1394846094' post='179317'] Also on my old shipping status mod it showed on the products listings and I could change it via the edit selected as well. Not showing there now, all I see is the other mod for socail status. Also now I can only seem to change them as a group with the global change?..the other was much easier to see what was what without going into the product. Jack [/quote]

In Stock/Out-of-stock statuses add-on offers only the Global update feature for mass adding the statuses. Unfortunately, it doesn't change the statuses via Edit selected.

Best regards, Alt-team