Alt-team Add-On: Cron jobs

Hello everybody!

We are announcing the “Cron jobs” add-on from our team.

This add-on allows you to automatically perform the following tasks at regular intervals:

• database backup;
  • optimize database;
  • clear cache;
  • regenerate site map.

Our current price is $49.
UPDATE December 2022.

If you have any questions regarding this module, please contact us manager@alt-team.com or fill in the form, we are always ready to help.

Best regards,
Alt-team

Looks interesting! Can this support performing remote FTP backups of the database too? or Email? :)

I asked some developers almost a year ago about a cloud backup add-on, and the time and cost involved to develop. The goal being, so that it could backup to specific accounts for services such as drop-box, yousendit, google drive, sugar sync, etc, etc. With the abundant storage these services offer, one could also backup their entire …/images/ directory (and others paths too). However nothing ever eventuated from it.

The reason I mention this is, if we purchase the add-on, can we pass it to our developer who can “adapt” it to our needs? Is the source code for all files accessible?

How does your licencing work? 1 x $39 per client site? Or a one off purchase?

Thank you!

Hi

I laso asked for a dropbox backup as this is one of the best cloud solutions. Any news on that?

Fotis

[quote name='UniDevelopers' timestamp='1349152819' post='146148'] Looks interesting! Can this support performing remote FTP backups of the database too? or Email? [/quote]

Hello UniDevelopers! “Cron jobs” script supports setting up via email.

[quote]The reason I mention this is, if we purchase the add-on, can we pass it to our developer who can “adapt” it to our needs? Is the source code for all files accessible? [/quote]

Yes, the script is open to change and you can adapt it to your needs. But it is forbidden to resell our script.

[quote]How does your licencing work? 1 x $39 per client site? Or a one off purchase? Thank you! [/quote]

1 licence per a client site.

[quote name='dvsgr' timestamp='1349153437' post='146150'] Hi I laso asked for a dropbox backup as this is one of the best cloud solutions. Any news on that? Fotis [/quote]

Dear Fotis, unfortunately we haven't examined this so far. Thus, can't say you anything about the progress.

Best regards, Alt-team

[font=Arial][size=4]Hello everyone![/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]We are glad to announce[/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4] an [/size][/font][font=Arial][size=4]updated[/size][/font][size=4][font=“Arial”] version of Cron jobs add-on[/font] [/size][font=Arial][size=4]from our team.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]Now it is very easy to manage the settings of this add-on, as it has simple and improved settings.[/size][/font]

[font=Arial][size=4]The current price is still $39[/size][/font]

[color=#282828][font=Arial][size=4]You can learn more details about the Cron jobs add-on, its features and settings here.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial]If you have any questions regarding this module, please ask, we are always ready to help.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=Arial][size=4]Best regards, Alt-team [/size][/font][/color]

Hmm, was just finishing up something similar to this and then ran across this article. Guess I'll abandon this effort.

Way too much duplication for me to feel good about going forward. I don't think developers should compete head to head with addon products. There are 3 things mine would do in addition to yours which you might want to consider:[list=1]

[]Clear the thumbnail cache

[
]Update the ip_info database

[*]Update the currencies configured on the site.

[/list]

I was not going to do email backups because most email servers won't handle files of that size. Integrating with dropbox would be a great idea to get the backups off-server.

Wasn't clear from your product page what base things like 28days is referenced from (what is the starting point?). In mine, I have 1 cron job that calls the script every hour. The script then finds 'actions' that match the month day or hour (or none) of the request (any month, any day and any hour values are supported). So for instance, IP Info updates would be done on the 15th of every month at a specific time of day to ensure the source DB has been updated and to minimize the impact to the server which switching out to the new DB (lowest traffic time). My intent was to use a hook to enable someone to add their own “actions” as they developed them or needed them…

Good luck.

Hello tbirnseth!

Thank you for the 3 additional options for the Cron jobs add-on you have mentioned. We will probably consider the first one - [color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Clear the thumbnail cache. As for the last two items it isn't clear enough what and how should be updated. It would be nice if you described them more thoroughly.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]As for the Cron jobs add-on work - it works practically as yours, but launches once a day at 0:00 server time. When it launches for the first time it will perform all the actions included in Cron jobs options at once. Then it will automatically run at regular intervals customized by admin.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Best regards, Alt-team[/font][/color]

Regarding the ip_info DB. It is updated monthly and is usually availabe about the 12th of the month. It's an FTP fetch and then replacing the existing one with the new version.

For the currencies, this is usually run once a day after markets close so that the most current rate is retrieved. There are many providers of currency rates to choose from.

Here's a screen shot of my version of the cron-jobs. As I said, a cron job fires ever hour and then the addon determines what to run by what's specified for each action. You can also just run these tools manually by clicking the “Run now” link beside them. Positions are used so that things like clearing logs and statistics can be done (if desired) before backup of the DB if they run in the same hour.

Capture.JPG

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1366228547' post='160139']

Regarding the ip_info DB. It is updated monthly and is usually availabe about the 12th of the month. It's an FTP fetch and then replacing the existing one with the new version.

For the currencies, this is usually run once a day after markets close so that the most current rate is retrieved. There are many providers of currency rates to choose from.

Here's a screen shot of my version of the cron-jobs. As I said, a cron job fires ever hour and then the addon determines what to run by what's specified for each action. You can also just run these tools manually by clicking the “Run now” link beside them. Positions are used so that things like clearing logs and statistics can be done (if desired) before backup of the DB if they run in the same hour.

[/quote]

I hope you could release your version of Cron job addon. Different developer has different approach. Customers would like to have a different choice. Your version has more functions.

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1366228547' post='160139'] Regarding the ip_info DB. It is updated monthly and is usually availabe about the 12th of the month. It's an FTP fetch and then replacing the existing one with the new version. For the currencies, this is usually run once a day after markets close so that the most current rate is retrieved. There are many providers of currency rates to choose from. Here's a screen shot of my version of the cron-jobs. As I said, a cron job fires ever hour and then the addon determines what to run by what's specified for each action. You can also just run these tools manually by clicking the “Run now” link beside them. Positions are used so that things like clearing logs and statistics can be done (if desired) before backup of the DB if they run in the same hour. [/quote]

Hello tbirnseth!

Thank you for the provided information about your Cron job addon's functions.

In case we decide to release a new version of Cron job addon we will have in mind your variant.

Best regards, Alt-team

Hello everyone!

We are glad to announce that our Cron jobs add-on is now compatible with CS-Cart 4.0.x!

This add-on allows you to perform automatically the following actions at set intervals: [list]

[]Backup database;

[
]Optimize database;

[]Clear cache and regenerate site map;

[
]Clear stats (Administration → Statistics);

[]Clear logs (Administration → Logs);

[
]Send backup to administrator's email.

[/list]

More information about this add-on is here.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions!

Best regards, Alt-team