Alpha testing of the Store import tool from CS-Cart 2.2.x, 3.0.x to 4.0.x. We need your help.

Yeah, sorry…should have made that one clear. There should be an option for “everything” and an option for orders only, products only, customers only, etc.

^Agreed. I should've thought of this. :~) Assuming you have all of your products, reviews, options etc in order, you want the ability when you are switching to your new live store to simply update the customers and orders.

I can't speak for everyone else, but product updates don't happen THAT often. But orders and customer registrations happen minute by minute for us.

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]I like the idea of having to do 2 imports. This was one of the major pains in the previous importer when you had a live shop.[/font][/color]

I agree with Tony, this sounds like a sound plan:

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Order (including users)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]Users only[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]complete product (products, categories, prices, features, options, etc.)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]products only (all but categories)[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]As for product updates: these do happen daily with us. We add notes, tips, tricks, comments, and so on all the time, to get more and better content in there and give customers answers before they contact us.[/font][/color]

This is exactly the problem I mentioned in the post.

Porting a single object, like product, category, etc. often requires numerous other objects to be imported together with it as dependencies.

[quote]For example, importing products becomes quite ambiguous: should all the related data be imported together with them? Product options, images, files, related add-on data, categories, reviews, etc. can all be considered necessary components of a product.[/quote]

This is why we have decided that importing all will be more secure and consistent.

The question is, whether being able to exclude only settings and blocks from an import will be acceptable for you.

Imac, which message or person are you responding to?

Importing all product data at once is fine but should be optional on any import.

Orders and customer/users should also be option on all imports.

Settings and blocks should be optional as well as products and categories.

Generally each object should be optionally imported on any store import.

Probably easier to just make them optional all the time rather than worry about which import pass you are doing since I could easily envision a merchant importing several times before they take the store live. Human error, changes of mind, bad timing, etc. Though to reduce error, the default should probably be “selected” for each.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1376918323' post='167038']

The question is, whether being able to exclude only settings and blocks from an import will be acceptable for you.

[/quote]

Absolutely for us… It was the settings and blocks the made it impossible for us to upgrade to V3.

Just need / Complete User Data including reward points etc. / Complete Products Details / Complete Order Details

New V4 store should already be set up as for settings and store layout…

Just our input…

on old versions if you imported a product without a cat, you get a product in a category called products… ;)

then we manually PLACED in our 230 categories…

of course now we changed categories, and don’t want the old ones…

meaning i need to move them all to a TEMP cat… import TEMP Cat and products to 4.x ? and then remove them to proper ?

Is there any news for the Store import tool?

No news?

Hi Guys,

The Store Import is complete, and this week we will publish the Beta version of 4.0.2. You will be able to check the add-on and give us some feedback on it.

still beta? i thought it would be official release, but keep up the good work!

and speed up :)

imac - what about the ton of bugs in the bugtracker that are all still “unconfirmed” that no one has looked at but have been there for weeks/months/years?

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1379435472' post='168366']

imac - what about the ton of bugs in the bugtracker that are all still “unconfirmed” that no one has looked at but have been there for weeks/months/years?

[/quote]

Hello Tony,

In most cases, unconfirmed were the tickets that testers could not reproduce or just figure out the problem, so they put it away in order to solve this problem in the near future.

I asked testers to pay more attention to each ticket, and in case some problems with reproducing the bug should arise they will get back to the customer with the questions immediately.

So we plan to go through all the unanswered tickets for the next several days.

[quote name='imac' timestamp='1379500649' post='168385']

In most cases, unconfirmed were the tickets that testers could not reproduce or just figure out the problem (…)

[/quote]

We'll see…

CS-Cart 4.0.2 Beta is available for testing.

So you can check Store Import process from you old CS-Cart store to 4.0.2 Beta and make sure everything works correctly. In case s[color=#282828][font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]ome problems should appear feel free to post you problems here or in Help desk. The Architects team will work with your requests until the official release.[/font][/color]

Here are the links to the CS-Cart packages:

CS-Cart 4.0.2 Beta

Multi-Vendor 4.0.2 Beta

The detailed instruction on how to use Store Import add-on can be found in the Knowledge Base: [url=“CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation”]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation

We will be very greatful, if you give us some feedback both on the Store Import add-on and the article from KB.

You are welcome to ask questions and share you thoughts.

P.S. Do not use the Beta version for live stores.

IMAC,

Thank you for the formation. I am not 100% clear on a couple of things.

i will be importing from 2.2.4 Pro.

Will the following be imported:

Global Options

Option Combination with global opions

Option exceptions.

Most of my combinations and exceptions are cloned from one Product to 250 products.

It seems like certain product tabs will not be imported. I have a second description type tab assigned to a product, which was cloned to 250 products. It seems like I will have to do these tabs all over again.

I guess what I was looking for is a table, which would be more specific as to what will import and more important, what won't import from the current CS-Cart versions.

Under some conditions, it may just be easier to start all over again with just the customers a product/categories and images imported.

Thanks,

Bob

Hi Bob,

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1379768181' post='168517']

IMAC,

Thank you for the formation. I am not 100% clear on a couple of things.

i will be importing from 2.2.4 Pro.

Will the following be imported:

Global Options

Option Combination with global opions

Option exceptions.

Most of my combinations and exceptions are cloned from one Product to 250 products.

[/quote]

All of the listed object should be imported to v4.0.2

[quote]

It seems like certain product tabs will not be imported. I have a second description type tab assigned to a product, which was cloned to 250 products. It seems like I will have to do these tabs all over again.

[/quote]

This tab won't be imported to v4.0.2.

Only Product blocks with manual filling and default tabs (Description[color=#555555], [/color]Features[color=#555555] and [/color]Files) will be imported from 2.2.x all other blocks or tabs will be ignored.

[quote]

I guess what I was looking for is a table, which would be more specific as to what will import and more important, what won't import from the current CS-Cart versions.

Under some conditions, it may just be easier to start all over again with just the customers a product/categories and images imported.

[/quote]

The main idea is that all data that is stored in DB should be imported from 2.2.4/5 except the:

• logs
  • statistics
  • core settings (settings that are accessible from top menu)
  • layouts, blocks & tabs (everything that concerns block manager)

Thats why there is now table with object that should be imported, but there is special section in the article: Data migration from different versions of CS-Cart

Maybe we should create a table with objects that won't be imported from old versions? Something like:

object \ version | 2.2.5 | 3.0.1 …

settings | - | + …

blocks | - | +

statistics | - | -

Thank you IMAC,

One more question:
Only Product blocks with manual filling and default tabs (Description, Features and Files) will be imported from 2.2.x all other blocks or tabs will be ignored.

Is there a way in 4.02 to recreate the Product Tab and then assign to specific Products (Need to assign to 250 out of 1500 products)

This was achieved initially by adding to one product and then cloning all the other products, so all would have the same custom Product Tab.

Thanks,

Bob

[quote name='pbannette' timestamp='1379775637' post='168523']

Thank you IMAC,

One more question:
Only Product blocks with manual filling and default tabs (Description, Features and Files) will be imported from 2.2.x all other blocks or tabs will be ignored.

Is there a way in 4.02 to recreate the Product Tab and then assign to specific Products (Need to assign to 250 out of 1500 products)

This was achieved initially by adding to one product and then cloning all the other products, so all would have the same custom Product Tab.

Thanks,

Bob

[/quote]

Not sure if i understand you correctly Bob but I had a problem adding a tab to 325 products out of 3500.(not v 4 though) So I exported the products, changed the name of the 335 by adding ZZZZ at the end of each then imported those back in with the appended name. Then added the custom tab to all of them by searching zzzz so they all come up in 1 go. Exported them out again then removed the ZZZZ and re imported with correct name back again.

John

I REALLY like the new import tool , yet… will keep you posted, as im moving a test 3.06 to 4.02 beta dev