Alpha SSl Certs

[quote name=‘indy0077’]No, the price is not to high. Did you comparsion with e.g. 10 other companies? Do it and post here the average price.

Sorry, but I will not compare our prices with some other “resellers” here what don’t know the main terms of a product. RapidSSL can’t be offered for more as 5 years. I don’t know where this idea comes from.[/QUOTE]

Hi Indy,

i think that perhaps you did not understand me.

5 years for two websites = 10 years I think that there is little reason to buy less than 5 years for an established site when the price is fair.

As for other resellers I simply do a Google search when I want to order and 5 minutes later on average i have a good price again for 5 years per domain.

Usually with more than one domain. The most I have ever paid is around $10 per year for 5 years.

So as you can see you have misunderstood and yes the other resellers do understand their products.

The ones that I have dealt with have never had a single problem for me and i assume that they sell lots of certs. in order to buy and sell at good prices. why would any consumer be concerned with average prices? Time is money I go with the best price and service as soon as I find a good supplier I am happy I do not look for 10.

Actually I tend to use this one which charges $10 per year for a Rapid SSL 5 year cert. No need to spend $100 with Enom.

In this thread you already see two $10 per year prices for Rapid SSL certs (multi year which is all many of us want) That is enough for me as I am only a consumer not a SSL businessperson I am sure that you can find more if you search…

So again to be fair to you what is your 5 year Rapid SSl price?

The price should be 14x5=70

New information from Servertastic my current SSL cert vendor.

“There is currently no real difference between Root and chained certificates in terms of security. However root certificates are being phased out in preference of chained. This extra chain does provide increased protection against attacks on the root certificate. The Certificate authorities can replace a certificate chain in the event of it being cracked much quicker than a root certificate.

However the risk is extremely minimal at present.

RapidSSL is present in a number of modern mobile devices. Some older devices may have problems.”

The QuickSSL Premium is present in over 99% of mobile devices which you could consider instead.

I’m not getting into who has what price or all that ****, that’s up to people looking for an SSL to find a price they are happy with.

When purchasing an SSL I think people should consider if being provided a click able SSL site seal is worth the extra cost.

I’ve used Rapid SSL in the past and Free Comodo SSL, you got a site seal but it wasn’t click able.

So what do your customers think this means?

Do they even care?

Some may think it means nothing as it’s just a graphic like every other graphic on your site so maybe they think it’s fake or worthless and may even make them think your site isn’t legit?

How many big sites can you name that don’t have a click able SSL Seal?

I personally paid a little extra to get a SSL that people will have seen and heard of, that is click able and confirms my site is legit. I make sure it’s well placed when customer reach the cart and checkout pages to try and reassure them that there info is safe and that shopping on my site is ok.

It’s a choice each site owner makes but I personally would never use a non click able SSL again.

Price isn’t everything people.

Just my opinion :slight_smile:

I agree with utilityempire.

Some people here think it’s enough if they have just the “lock” in the address bar and that’s it. Yes it is, your site is secured but the “lock” will never increase your sales, that means you can loose customers who look and search on your site for a security sign like the “seal”. They don’t care the “lock”.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]I agree with utilityempire.

Some people here think it’s enough if they have just the “lock” in the address bar and that’s it. Yes it is, your site is secured but the “lock” will never increase your sales, that means you can loose customers who look and search on your site for a security sign like the “seal”. They don’t care the “lock”.[/quote]

Perhaps, some sites have that type of customer many do not.

We are a custom craft business and our customers know us by name and trust by reputation. We do zero advertising and earn trust the old fashioned way by working very, very hard.

We also talk to each customer on the telephone or via email to establish a relationship. There is no substitute for the personal touch when building trust.

But we are in a niche market so perhaps some websites will indeed benefit somewhat and if they are a high volume site then why not get a Verisign SSL cert with all the marketing bells and whistles.

But I do think that SSL certificates are a must as some of our customers would not be happy to not see the “S” when they check out.

[quote name=‘Traveler’]

But I do think that SSL certificates are a must as some of our customers would not be happy to not see the “S” when they check out.[/QUOTE]

Well I think we can all agree on that one :smiley: