Almost ready to go live - Test/Feedback please

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]Firefox likes your cert now. Glad you were able to find the solution. Best wishes for you and your new business![/QUOTE]

Thanks and thanks again for the help. Its bugs me knowing that only firefox truly checks a certa ca authority before declaring it valid though…

Guess Ill be using firefox from now on when shopping :slight_smile:

It really does look nice man. Did you pay for any of the design?

I was also wondering if you know of any tutorials to make the flash s on your homepage. I’ve been trying to find one but I haven’t had any luck.

Thanks for the compliments and the answer is yes to both questions.

For the flash banner, the easiest thing to do is what I did and cheat. Spend the $15 and get it from here and embed it.

[url]Buy Plugins & Code from CodeCanyon

Also, if you want a more tailored solution I believe webgraphiq sells one (search the forums for more info)

As for help with the site, Ive had a ton (both free and paid). The forum here is a great commodity and generally if you have a design question there will be someone to answer it. If you need custom design work done send me a PM as I have a fantastic source I can send you to.

I have yet to come across a skin done like this one. Very nice!

Thanks and now Im sending out a plea for facebook and twitter fans.

We need 100 facebook fans to get our facebook vanity domain. Please come join us in preparation of the launch of our new site. Become our fan on facebook and youre automatically entered to win a $50 giftcard. Follow us on twitter for grand opening coupons and specials.

Facebook - [url]http://www.facebook.com/pages/Living-Contemporary/185086639280[/url]

Twitter - [url]http://twitter.com/livingcontempo[/url]

Thanks!

The site looks great… Nice work

Hey Tirade,

Once again, great looking site - the only thing you are lacking to make your pictures work is the meta tag I posted earlier - I checked your site this morning and it looks like the lightbox is still popping up to the right and down from the center on the view larger image selection.

The only reason other people can’t see this is because they may have already clicked on the compatibility view button on ie8.

No problems with the cert.

[quote name=‘standingontv’]Hey Tirade,

Once again, great looking site - the only thing you are lacking to make your pictures work is the meta tag I posted earlier - I checked your site this morning and it looks like the lightbox is still popping up to the right and down from the center on the view larger image selection.

The only reason other people can’t see this is because they may have already clicked on the compatibility view button on ie8.

No problems with the cert.[/QUOTE]

I wasnt able to reproduce it on my end using IE7 or IE8 (with or w/o compatibility view). I’ll add the script later today and have you check it out and see if its still wonky. I’ll post a follow-up when its done.

Thanks!

Done,

I added

to the meta.tpl file, keeping my fingers crossed.

No problem, I didn’t see it either! Someone made me go walk around to 5 different computers until i did. - I meant for the last site I did.

[quote name=‘standingontv’]No problem, I didn’t see it either! Someone made me go walk around to 5 different computers until i did. - I meant for the last site I did.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, is it fixed now?

[quote name=‘Tirade’]Thanks, is it fixed now?[/quote]

Most definitely - I just realize you have more than one image on the lightbox, very neat.

It’s definitely working now.

Hopefully that meta-tag can come out one day - when no one else is using IE8 or they fix it.

Yeah, that problem in viewing the larger popup images in IE8 drove me whacky for about 6 months until I added your meta fix, so thanks for that!

[quote name=‘standingontv’]Most definitely - I just realize you have more than one image on the lightbox, very neat.

It’s definitely working now.

Hopefully that meta-tag can come out one day - when no one else is using IE8 or they fix it.[/QUOTE]

Excellent thanks!

And yes thanks again for the fix!

lol, took me 5 months to figure it out. IT drove me crazy also, my boss was almost ready to pull my beautiful lightbox off the site until I found that.

nice site tirade, has been good to see it quietly improving over the last few months.

who put together your skin?

was interested to see the googlecheckout integration (as indicated by banner in footer), but wasnt an option for anonymous checkout?

also got the following error for the T&Cs next to the Place Order button

very impressed! you do it yourself?

Just curious amd sorry for asking thing but I have been trying my hardest to find a Twitter link like your popup one but can’t find it anywhere, does anyone know where I could get that code from please?

Thank you

Very nice. PM sent.

[quote name=‘AmitP’]Just curious amd sorry for asking thing but I have been trying my hardest to find a Twitter link like your popup one but can’t find it anywhere, does anyone know where I could get that code from please?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Its just simple css/html code. If you want a custom one just follow this tutorial and create it in an HTML block [url]URL Opener Tool - Open Multiple URLs at Once | WebFX or use the most popular one ([url]http://www.sexybookmarks.net/[/url]) as you can now use it for non-wordpress versions (check google for the hack)