Almost ready to go live - Test/Feedback please

Waiting on a new logo to be completed and I have a LOT of database work but hopefully we will be ready to launch in 2 weeks.

Please let me know if you see any errors (other than missing product information)

www.LivingContemporary.com

edit: just changed domain names so there are a few issues with links and ssl.

Fabulous, only the problem with your domain. TOO long to handle.

Looks very nice. Like the colors. Two primary colors use throughout the site. Slate Gray and Aqua Blue.

Very modern and contemporary looks to match the style of the furniture.

[quote name=‘miracles’]Fabulous, only the problem with your domain. TOO long to handle.[/QUOTE]

Its so funny that you mention this. Our SEO guy told us we need to change it so today we purchased a new domain and hope to have everything transferred over tonight.

new domain is LivingContemporary.com

New domain is up and live, new logo is coming this week.

Just need to start updating products… :frowning:

Just curious, what was the old domain (I didn’t see your original post)?

…Al

I think flash image is too huge. Home page when scrolling up and down feels too heavy and everything is shaking not normally, hope you understand what I mean :slight_smile:

You could use some other type of image showcase without effects

[quote name=‘Albert’]Just curious, what was the old domain (I didn’t see your original post)?

…Al[/QUOTE]

ThinkOutsideTheShowroom.com

[quote name=‘Darius’]I think flash image is too huge. Home page when scrolling up and down feels too heavy and everything is shaking not normally, hope you understand what I mean :slight_smile:

You could use some other type of image showcase without effects[/QUOTE]

I can not reproduce this shaking effect. What browser are you using?

Thanks!

[quote name=‘Tirade’]I can not reproduce this shaking effect. What browser are you using?

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Latest firefox

Just checked with IE I do not experience this. But with FF if I scroll up and down where the large image is everything feels like looking heavy picture with very slow pc (mine is dual core 3ghz)…

Wow, well done on a gorgeous site!

Personally I’ve found that those “add this” bookmarks can be problematic from time to time - I ended up removing them as it really slowed the site down, but I’m sure there’s a way around it.

Congrats - you’ve done a great job with it.

[quote name=‘Tirade’]Waiting on a new logo to be completed and I have a LOT of database work but hopefully we will be ready to launch in 2 weeks.

Please let me know if you see any errors (other than missing product information)

www.LivingContemporary.com

edit: just changed domain names so there are a few issues with links and ssl.[/QUOTE]

I absolutely love your template! Good Work!

The interface is excellent, the only thing that seems to not be working right are the javascript pop ups that the store uses for displaying bigger images from the product page. It doesn’t load them in the center of the screen but halfway below the fold.

I believe you just need to add one of these to your meta.tpl as the first meta tag (has to be first no matter what):

Your page works in IE7 but not IE8 so that should temporarily fix it until Microsoft gives us another opportunity to hack their browser in the name of forward progress. (Yes I know this isn’t a hack, but it feels like it doesn’t it?)

I’m sure there’s other ways to do this, but this is the quickest fix and also the one that’s being suggested by the powers that be.

Either way this will fix your light box problem for viewing larger images from the product page in IE8.

Good work!

Your SSL Certificate makes Firefox unhappy:

“This Connection is Untrusted”

Sorry for the slow reply, Ive been trying to address the issues mentioned in this thread (thanks a lot for the feedback btw)

1. Ive changed flash banners, can someone tell me if they experience any “shaking” that was mentioned earlier. I was never able to reproduce it.

2. I also was not able to reproduce the IE8 problem, but Ive had 2 people mention it so it must be happening. Im working on a dynamic preview addon that is about 80% done (its working on the site but is getting cut off inside the description box atm). Can anyone check and see if they have any issues with IE8?

3. Im not sure why Firefox would dislike my SSL certificate. There was a day or 2 where I was having problems getting multiple javascript running on the same page when using flashembed but hopefully its working now.

There is a problem with your SSL, I get the same error in Firefox.

“Connection partially encrypted”

YOur SSL also says “Verified by: (blank)”

I think it should say Comodo.

[quote name=‘ETInteractive’]There is a problem with your SSL, I get the same error in Firefox.

“Connection partially encrypted”

YOur SSL also says “Verified by: (blank)”

I think it should say Comodo.[/QUOTE]

I actually had 2 SSL links on the site. The corner of trust logo that floats with the page and then a point to verify logo that was in the footer.

Ive removed the one in the footer to see if I can narrow down where the trouble is.

I cant reproduce this on my end but its likely that Ive already told the site that I trust it so it isnt giving me an error.

Please check it again and let me know. Thanks!

Sorry, still “untrusted” by Firefox in both Win 2k and OS X.

[QUOTE]www.livingcontemporary.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown.

(Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘sixnin9’]Sorry, still “untrusted” by Firefox in both Win 2k and OS X.[/QUOTE]

You guys are great, I appreciate the help. Turns out the CA bundle wasnt registered correctly by my host. They are in the process of fixing it, hopefully by tomorrow this error will be gone!

:oops:

Firefox likes your cert now. Glad you were able to find the solution. Best wishes for you and your new business!