Allow Vendor To Add Variant In Product ->Features

All you need to do in the latest versions is to open the design/backend/templates/views/products/components/product_assign_features.tpl file and replace

{$allow_enter_variant = $feature|fn_allow_save_object:"product_features"}

with

{$allow_enter_variant = true}

Hope this will help

Hello Ecom ,

But product_assign_features.tpl do not exist only product_features.tpl and products features_short_list.tpl

in none of them could i find the line you mentionned .

I am on the latest cs cart , maybe the post 16 is too old ?

Thank you very much

Hello Ecom ,

But product_assign_features.tpl do not exist only product_features.tpl and products features_short_list.tpl

Thank you very much

Looks like you are checking store-front templates. You should check design/backend directory

thank you thats right

But I can't see the access for design/back end , I only see :

admin>design>templates

in the

Design

Layout

Templates >where I can add files and folders

?

Thank you

thank you thats right

But I can't see the access for design/back end , I only see :

admin>design>templates

in the

Design

Layout

Templates >where I can add files and folders

?

Thank you

For example, you can use file manager in the control panel of your server to edit admin templates

hi,

filezilla :

My server people can't find the reason why the .tpl file won't open on my ends (it works on their end )

I have a critical error whenever i try to open the file .

I have tried and refreshed multiple time

anyone knows whats going on ?

https://ibb.co/jrvpVRS

Thank you

For example, you can use file manager in the control panel of your server to edit admin template

All you need to do in the latest versions is to open the design/backend/templates/views/products/components/product_assign_features.tpl file and replace

{$allow_enter_variant = $feature|fn_allow_save_object:"product_features"}

with

{$allow_enter_variant = true}

Hope this will help

Hello Ecom ,

Thank you very much

hello Ecomm,

I have just discussed it with helpdesk , and their answer is this .

How come anyone has managed to do this , whilst they say vendors admin are not allowed to do it ?

would this means , it could break the codes ?

Thank you

"Unfortunately, vendor's administrators are not allowed to create features and their variants in the current version of Multi-Vendor. Most probably this feature will be added in version 4.11.2.

Until this feature is not added, marketplace administrators should add features and feature variants."

---

hello Ecomm,

I have just discussed it with helpdesk , and their answer is this .

How come anyone has managed to do this , whilst they say vendors admin are not allowed to do it ?

would this means , it could break the codes ?

It will not break anything. At least we did not receive any negative feedback after modification

It will not break anything. At least we did not receive any negative feedback after modification

ok, but why do they make it like its impossible but you guys have turned it around ? thank you

ok, but why do they make it like its impossible but you guys have turned it around ? thank you

We do not have answer on this question. Looks like they think that vendors can add unwanted variants

We do not have answer on this question. Looks like they think that vendors can add unwanted variants

I think so too. The most practical is to add the possibility of granting this privilege to certain vendors.

Looking at the big picture, It sort of makes sense , but the moderation could suffice to make it work sort of smoothly. (Not sure 'smoothly is the right word lol )

Thank you Ecom !

We are with AWS cloud and they have updated the files as described and cleared the cache but still no joy. Why don't they have this as a part of multivendor?? It is ridiculous we have to do all this work for a basic function