All Styling Lost In Cs-Cart Admin

Short synopsis: admin side of the cart has lost all styling…it’s just a page of unstyled html. Something seems to have gone wrong with css or javascript or both.

Longer explanation: I’ve spent quite a bit of today trying to set up a duplicate of my site on my local computer (a triple boot machine that can boot into Linux Mint). Everything has gone fairly well, but I’m stuck at the moment because the front end of the store is displaying the “The Store is Temporarily Closed” sign and the backend is not working correctly. When I first got this going, I was able to login to the backend fine, and went through and disabled some addons I wouldn’t need in a testing environment, like Google Sitemap, etc. However, all of a sudden, the page lost all of it’s styling, so all I see is pretty much a long list of links and text on the left side of the page.

I’ve gone over the permissions settings quite a few times, as well as deleting var/cache and checking over config.local.php.

Just hoping that someone might be able to tell me what’s happened here and how to fix it.

I’m running CS-Cart 4.1.5.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

Did you copy your database by backing it up in your server installation and restoring it in the local duplicate? Try using the config.local.php file of the clean CS-Cart installation.

At first, make sure that the http_host and https_host parameters in the config.local.php file are defined correctly.

To see the error in the store-front, open the config.local.php file and uncomment

//define('DEVELOPMENT', true);

Most possibly it will be “No store-fronts defined”. In this case open the “cscart_companies” table in the phpMyAdmin and correct URLs for all companies.

OK I began by trying the suggestion from eComLabs, correcting the URL in the cscart_companies table. The storefront now comes up. However, it's just like the backend–no styling. The html and images are all unstyled.

Thanks eComLabs for helping me get this far. Any ideas why the html is unstyled?

Maybe your website is not giving you any responds at all and all you see are browser chached links with no css.

Have you modified anything in config.local.php recently?

for example chache type like “file” or database type “mysql” or “mysqli” ? if server is incompatible with those this kills site instantly.

Was modifying today my website, implemented

Background Behind Product Photo - Store Design & Templates - CS-Cart Community Forums

Added

[quote]

.ty-product-img {

box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888888;

o-box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888888;

moz-box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888888;

ms-box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888888;

webkit-box-shadow: 10px 10px 5px #888888;

[/quote]

to custom css field, but forgot to close with

}

this was enough for css not to load to front end anymore…

Darius, this is a duplicate of my site that I am setting up on my local computer for testing purposes. The site is now loading, as I said, but everything is unstyled. Seems like maybe it ought to be something really simple.

[quote name='kingsleypress' timestamp='1407757018' post='189227']

OK I began by trying the suggestion from eComLabs, correcting the URL in the cscart_companies table. The storefront now comes up. However, it's just like the backend–no styling. The html and images are all unstyled.

Thanks eComLabs for helping me get this far. Any ideas why the html is unstyled?

[/quote]

You are welcome! Make sure that the name of the admin index script is identical to the specified one in the config.local.php file

[quote name='eComLabs' timestamp='1407758853' post='189233']

You are welcome! Make sure that the name of the admin index script is identical to the specified one in the config.local.php file

[/quote]

Yes, I did that, thanks.

The pages of the site are being served up…the only thing wrong is that the styling is missing.

The attached screenshots show how the home page looks and how the admin login screen looks.

[attachment=8299:Selection_001.png]

[attachment=8300:Selection_002.png]

Selection_001.png

Selection_002.png

If you provide me with the temporary FTP access, we can check the issue

This is on my local PC so not sure how I could give FTP access. Is that even possible? Maybe I could use something like TeamViewer–I'm pretty sure they have a Linux installer.

are you using amazon as cdn? I experienced the same problem before and removing the cdn settings (directly in the DB) fixed the problem for me

[quote name='buging' timestamp='1407870027' post='189360']

are you using amazon as cdn? I experienced the same problem before and removing the cdn settings (directly in the DB) fixed the problem for me

[/quote]

Yes I am. I had wondered if that could be the problem but didn't know how to go about fixing it. What table(s) should I be looking for in the database? Thanks so much for your help.

OK so I was able to track down the CDN settings in the database and delete them and sure enough, all my styling has come back!

However, one major problem still remains: The home page loads fine, but ANY link I click from the home page to another page on this site just gives me a message from Apache saying that the URL could not be found on the server. All the backend URLs work fine–I can go to the orders page, the products page, the add ons page–anywhere. But on the storefront, the only page I can get to is the home page.

Could try to disable the SEO addon to see if storefront works after that.

Glad to hear that the styling issue is solved. As for the latest problem, please check SEO module and correct store-front URLs on the Manage companies page

[quote name='cscartrocks' timestamp='1407887566' post='189378']

Could try to disable the SEO addon to see if storefront works after that.

[/quote]

OK I disabled the SEO addon and I can navigate through the site now. The URLs are not search engine friendly but I guess that doesn't matter on a test site. Why is the SEO Addon not working in this situation (testing site on local computer)?

OK so I figured out that .htaccess was disabled on apache2. I enabled that and re-enabled the SEO Addon and everything is working correctly now.

Just one remaining problem: At some point in this whole process I decided to clear the thumbnail cache, and now there are no product images anywhere on the site! If I go to

/images/detailed/0

the large images are there. And there seem to be large images here also:

/images/detailed/1

But nothing shows on the storefront.

I've tried clearing the thumbnail cache again to no avail. I've also tried changing the thumbnail settings in the CS-Cart admin to try to force it to re-create them, but no luck.

Anyone know how to get my images back?

EDIT: I noticed that the images/thumbnails folder was missing, so I created it. Then I did the Administration>Storage>Clean Up Generated Thumbnails command in the cart backend and it immediately deleted that folder. I thought that command was supposed to delete then recreate the thumbnails but obviously I'm missing it by a mile here.

I am not sure about a reason of the problem. Do you have a copy of the previous version of the store? If yes, you can export images from it and import to the new version using default Export / Import feature.

OK. I downloaded the thumbnail folder from my live site and the test site is now fully functional.

I’d still like to know why clearing the cache deletes that folder though. :-)