All related products adding to shopping cart

So we had a customer e-mail us yesterday telling us that when he went to purchase an item(oil filter) it actually added that product he clicked on and then all of the related products also.

How do i stop this?

[QUOTE]So we had a customer e-mail us yesterday telling us that when he went to purchase an item(oil filter) it actually added that product he clicked on and then all of the related products also.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that really upsets people that are only looking to purchase an oil filter and end up with $750.00 worth of additional items in their cart!

You have certain products setup with “Required Products” which means you can’t buy one without the other! :wink:

yea im pretty sure that would upset people if it was just a 10 dollar part to 750 dollars ha i know i would be =O

so how do i change that? I cant find where to change that so its not required products?

ok this is really weird. So i went in to the addons page under the admin panel and found out that there is an addon called required products. So i decided to go to this page [url]CS-Cart Documentation — CS-Cart 4.15.x documentation to do some looking around. on the page it shows that on your products page there should be a tab called required products, not related products. Well mine shows related products, so it seems the previous guy how worked on the site screwed around with this or the site has some bugs. Anyone got any info?

Well, I suppose that unless you have a definite current need to setup “required products” in your store, I would just disable that required products add-on altogether for the time being. (You can always re-enable it later if you ever decide you need it.)