All kinds of questions about skins, roadmap, etc

When is 3.x shipping? I don’t want to invest time into an old version.

Can someone show me a modern 2 column template.

The community edition does not include templates, but can I install custom templates that i purchase?

Is drop shipping supported?

Can a single product belong in multiple categories?

One of the common complaints of cscart is the slowness. Has this been addressed in recent builds?

Can multiple sites share the same product/inventory database?

The 4.0 branch will most likely be even better than the 3.0 branch…

[quote name=‘Osu9400’]When is 3.x shipping? I don’t want to invest time into an old version.[/quote]

somewhere in the future… for sure.

[quote name=‘Osu9400’]Can someone show me a modern 2 column template.[/quote]

have you looked the demo site? you got to do some homework, no? [url]https://www.cs-cart.com/demo-item.html[/url]

[quote name=‘Osu9400’]The community edition does not include templates, but can I install custom templates that i purchase?[/quote]

you cant have everything for free, can you? but yes you can install custom templates.

[quote name=‘Osu9400’]Is drop shipping supported?[/quote]

no not supported yet, but you can create a new request for the feature here… [url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional[/url]

[quote name=‘Osu9400’]Can a single product belong in multiple categories?[/quote]

yes…

[quote name=‘Osu9400’]One of the common complaints of cscart is the slowness. Has this been addressed in recent builds?[/quote]

well … there’s definitely an improvement in the performance… but it also depends on the speed of your server. If you are running an ecommerce on overly crowded shared servers, you will find the site slow. If you are serious about online business, go with at least semi-shared servers or VPS and you will have no problem.

I have mine running on VPS with 2.0ghz 1gb ram 1.5gb burst.

[quote name=‘Osu9400’]Can multiple sites share the same product/inventory database?[/quote]

you mean multistore?? this feature is planned for the future release… look here

hope this helps…& good luck.

I sense sarcasm

[Q;) UOTE=Struck;108556]The 4.0 branch will most likely be even better than the 3.0 branch…[/QUOTE]

kandip-

Yes, I am doing homework, but still have some questions. I am installing the 60 day demo now. 9000 files???

[quote name=‘kandip’]somewhere in the future… for sure.

have you looked the demo site? you got to do some homework, no? [url]https://www.cs-cart.com/demo-item.html[/url]

you cant have everything for free, can you? but yes you can install custom templates.

no not supported yet, but you can create a new request for the feature here… [url]http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/40782-professional[/url]

yes…

well … there’s definitely an improvement in the performance… but it also depends on the speed of your server. If you are running an ecommerce on overly crowded shared servers, you will find the site slow. If you are serious about online business, go with at least semi-shared servers or VPS and you will have no problem.

I have mine running on VPS with 2.0ghz 1gb ram 1.5gb burst.

you mean multistore?? this feature is planned for the future release… look here

hope this helps…& good luck.[/QUOTE]

kandip,

Yes I am doing my homework and installing the software now. 9000 files?!?!?!?

Thanks for the replies, but I still haven’t seen any good modern two column templates. All the templates I see are 3 columns.

You say that drop shipping isn’t supported yet, but the FAQ says it does. I’m really confused now.

Thanks for the replies, sarcastic and serious.

I have the cart installed. I was hsocked to see it was over 8000 files!! I did check out the demo site, but I didn’t see a nice 2-column template that looks modern. Most ofthe templates were old style and had 3 columns.

Still not clear on the drop shipping. You say “no” but the FAQ says “yes.”

So is there a roadmap showing when v3 will be released? I would hate to spend all this time making 2.x work for me just to have a new version released.

Thanks.

I don’t recall there having been any talk of a version 3 yet, however CS-Cart does release a new version every few months,

Don’t worry about the need to upgrade to a new version. What you should do is examine what your requirements are and match them up to what cs-cart has to offer if it FITS then there shouldn’t be any need to upgrade for a long time.

As of now CS-Cart is pretty damn robust although there are a few things which can be improved.

[quote name=‘Osu9400’]…but I still haven’t seen any good modern two column templates. All the templates I see are 3 columns.[/quote]

Just go to the ‘Block’ section in your admin area and switch the right or left blocks off.

[quote name=‘indy0077’]Just go to the ‘Block’ section in your admin area and switch the right or left blocks off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you can choose if you’d like 1,2, or 3 column layout with the very easy block section. Of course the templates you see always use almost every option available… just clean it up and it will look much better.