Ajax product search

[quote name=‘tletourneau’]Jesse,

Thanks for the reply! I’ve checked config.php and it’s OK. Where is sessions.php? I can’t find it.[/QUOTE]

Please check again “config.php”.

Go to its last line:

[QUOTE]?>[/QUOTE]

And press backspace or canc key so that cursor goes near “>” symbol.

Than save file… Let us know…

Regards

PS: check also “session.php” located in "\core" …same way

You’re best bet is to also have a full cs-cart installation extracted to the desktop. Searching this way is far easier the FTP search :smiley:

I just tried it on your demo site, and I get the “&” included in the URLs when I select a product.

This is on Firefox.

[quote name=‘argentice’]I just tried it on your demo site, and I get the “&” included in the URLs when I select a product.

This is on Firefox.[/QUOTE]

Thanks argentice. I changed the uploaded sources and forgot to change it at my site!

Alexandros

OK, there was a CR at the end of config.php. I’ve removed it but now my menus and home page formatting looks odd. I use Emenu’s, could that be the problem? You can see the menus at www.ladyserenas.us, please let me know if I can fix it. The mod sound cool but I like EMenu’s too.

[quote name=‘tletourneau’]OK, there was a CR at the end of config.php. I’ve removed it but now my menus and home page formatting looks odd. I use Emenu’s, could that be the problem? You can see the menus at www.ladyserenas.us, please let me know if I can fix it. The mod sound cool but I like EMenu’s too.[/QUOTE]

No,

you have missed a “}” in one of your template file…

One suggestion: when you edit template use a text editor like TextPadPro: you have undo and redo tool, so that you can move forward and backward during modifying process…

I don’t know where you missed that bracket, but maybe in one of added file with this mod pack… please carefully check all involved file…you’ll surely find it…

Hi tletourneau

This line is at fault for one in your index.tpl

[quote][/COLOR]

Try using this [COLOR=Blue]{$skin_dir}[/COLOR] instead of the full path.

Alexandros, you need to edit your first post.

[quote name=‘zardos’]Alexandros, you need to edit your first post.[/QUOTE]

Thank you John, I changed the first post accordingly.

Alexandros

Zardos,

Thanks! That was it. I really appreciate the help from everyone!

Thanks again!

[quote name=‘zardos’]Hi tletourneau

This line is at fault for one in your index.tpl

It should be:

[/COLOR]

Try using this [COLOR=Blue]{$skin_dir}[/COLOR] instead of the full path.

[/QUOTE]

[quote name=‘abinop’]

4. On /skins/YOURSKIN/customer/side_boxes/search.tpl change the following:

-At the top, after {capture name="sidebox"}, add

```php

```

abinop..... I don't see {capture name="sidebox"} in /skins/new_vision_blue/customer/side_boxes/search.tpl?

[quote name=‘smavtron’][quote name=‘abinop’]

/css" media=“screen” charset=“utf-8” />

```

abinop… I don’t see {capture name=“sidebox”} in /skins/new_vision_blue/customer/side_boxes/search.tpl?[/QUOTE]

This may be the case when the search box is not a box actually on the left or the right column but rather on the top right, in the header. In this case (I will change my initial post) just add the code on top of the file.

Thanks for pointing out this case, it eluded me…

Alexandros

made the changes… gives error

Line 195

Char: 2

Expected ‘}’

Please suggest

If I do view source

```php

```

Please suggest. I tried adding {rdelim} after line 195 did not work.

Also… dumb question…but what exactly it makes changes after the mod? I don’t see any difference?

When I do search, it still sees /index.php?target=products&mode=search&subcats=Y&type=extended&avail=Y&pshort=Y&pfull=Y&pname=Y&q=dell&cid=0

[quote name=‘smavtron’]made the changes… gives error

Line 195

Char: 2

Expected ‘}’

Please suggest

[/QUOTE]

Thanks to smavtron, I changed some code from the zip, to handle products with quotes. I uploaded the correct zip again for new users

Alexandros

How to change the background of the product display… at present it is too dark for us.

Edit the images and the css to suite your site.

Sorry if this is a completely oblivious question but I do not see the link for the download.:confused:

there is no download, just copy & paste the code and follow the instructions in the very first post on page 1, works great !!!

Hi Epoch

[quote]Sorry if this is a completely oblivious question but I do not see the link for the download.[/quote]

Yes you are right, their is know download, and you do need other file for this to work.

I will see if i can put them together for you and PM the zip.

You have provided us with an eyepoping and dramatic search to play with and we thank you and others for your effort and accomplishment.

If you come accross anything that strikes you as a neat addition, please continue to share.

I am sure that I speak for many.

Regards and Thanks,

hi,

nice work. very interested in using the ajax search. could someone please provide me with the source files? they don’t appear to be attached…

thank you…