Affiliate Only Version of CS-Cart

Here is the deal. I have CS-Cart and I even use the affiliate module. Still, I don’t like the idea of promoting the affiliate side of my business to my everyday customers. I would rather have a separate site like let’s say, sellmyproducts.com to promote getting affiliates to sell my products.

From there, people can register as affiliates and once approved, log in to get banners and more.

It’s a strip down version with less features, so I assume it would be a lot less powerful and expensive too.

Question is, would it be possible to have a version of CS-Cart that is just the affiliate software? Also, how could it communicate with products on another cart… would the professional edition do this?

[quote name='ckad79' timestamp='1346263481' post='143941']

Here is the deal. I have CS-Cart and I even use the affiliate module. Still, I don't like the idea of promoting the affiliate side of my business to my everyday customers. I would rather have a separate site like let's say, sellmyproducts.com to promote getting affiliates to sell my products.

From there, people can register as affiliates and once approved, log in to get banners and more.

It's a strip down version with less features, so I assume it would be a lot less powerful and expensive too.

Question is, would it be possible to have a version of CS-Cart that is just the affiliate software? Also, how could it communicate with products on another cart… would the professional edition do this?

[/quote]

I don't see the point in doing this when you can buy Affiliate software to do a much better job.

alternativestoebay.com

May be better at least to have a separate registration page for affiliates.

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1346347026' post='144005']

I don't see the point in doing this when you can buy Affiliate software to do a much better job.

http://www.alternati…ware-l1943.html

[/quote]

I am assuming he still wants it to be a shop, just a different one then his “Main” shop. And yes, that is possible I guess.

[quote name='kickoff3pm' timestamp='1346347026' post='144005']

http://www.alternati…ware-l1943.html

[/quote]

Thanks for the link. I guess this would work. Does anybody know how difficult it is to get this to communicate with CS-Cart during checkout???