Advanced Mini-Cart for 1.3.5

The Advanced Mini-Cart mod for Cs-Cart allows your customers to view products with images directly from their mini-cart,

which is always accessible on the side of the page, providing a constant reminder of what they are purchasing and why they should checkout.

This mod come with a -zip file containing additional files for skin and customer sections.

It was tested on CS-Cart 1.3.5 SP1.

It cost 30$, if you are interested, please send me a PM (please not reply to this thread).

Thanks

Example:

or u can see it on… [url]http://www.image-share.net/image/1371/ca-cart-minicart-advanced-example.gif[/url]

Thread moved to “resellers”

Where possible I suggest that people do reply as it allows you a larger customer base to review the mod. That said it’s entirely your choice.

was’nt this mod posted FREE in 1.3.4 ???

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=1200[/url]

if everyone and their brother starts to post code snippets and ask for money it will be ridiculous, I would just post the zip for FREE…#1 the mod was already coded and posted for 1.3.4 and it would probably take 5 minutes to get it working on 1.3.5…

[quote]if everyone and their brother starts to post code snippets and ask for money it will be ridiculous[/quote]

I agree. If this is the way things are going to go then it won’t be long before cs-cart turns into X. I’ve paid for a couple of mods myself (by the developers) which have been included in the final releases, i don’t mind this is how the cart gets better, and why there are $1800 worth of free ADDONs.

[QUOTE]I agree. If this is the way things are going to go then it won’t be long before cs-cart turns into X. I’ve paid for a couple of mods myself (by the developers) which have been included in the final releases, i don’t mind this is how the cart gets better, and why there are $1800 worth of free ADDONs.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that the incorporation into the base package potentially makes future upgrades easier.

Bob

Ah the community spirit versus the business element. And thus it always was.

A difficult one especially as a product grows.

I have no problem with people selling mods but it is that using the free forum and benefiting for free from others input and then selling mods.

I think this is then when it comes down to personalities and individuals and their businesses.

If my business was to purely make mods then I would need to be paid for doing them as opposed to setting up cs-cart for other people to use - or my own install.

Hi,

I get a little confused with the term mod as it is applied here and mods with other carts, ie Miva mods.

How are you defining it here:

Mod, Code Snippits, Add-ins, Add-ons.

My experiance with real mods are the ones you purchase, have some support and formal instructions and integrate into the application. Many will be upgraded as new versions of the cart application come out.

The applications that use real mods have hooks that 3rd party developers use to aid in the integration into the cart.

In some cases the developer, ie CS-CART, assimilates a once 3rd party mod into the core application.

I see the terms being used differently in this forum. Every new code is a mod.

[quote name=‘pbannette’]Hi,

I get a little confused with the term mod as it is applied here and mods with other carts, ie Miva mods.

How are you defining it here:

Mod, Code Snippits, Add-ins, Add-ons.

My experiance with real mods are the ones you purchase, have some support and formal instructions and integrate into the application. Many will be upgraded as new versions of the cart application come out.

The applications that use real mods have hooks that 3rd party developers use to aid in the integration into the cart.

In some cases the developer, ie CS-CART, assimilates a once 3rd party mod into the core application.

I see the terms being used differently in this forum. Every new code is a mod.[/QUOTE]

I think this can be described as the following:

A ‘mod’ is a modification that expands the existing codebase and templates and changes the original files included (and upgraded) from the plain vanilla install. This usually applies to the PHP side of things.

A ‘code snippit’ is a piece of code that can be inserted with relatively little programming coordination - usually a TPL change.

A ‘add-in’ is generally an entirely separate system that has its own database tables and infrastructure - it isn’t affected (generally) by upgrades except that it is possible that some of the original templates need to be modified - but generally you ‘drop-n-go.’

A ‘add-on’ is an interface expansion that expands the present architecture and is likely to require updating when future versions of the cart are released.

If you wanted to add a field to the search engine results, you could ‘mod’ the search function in PHP. If you wanted to change the display of the search results to add a field or move it around, you’d do that with a ‘code snippet.’

If you wanted to create an enhanced tab on the admin side that gave you a stronger product search function, that would likely be an ‘add-on.’

If you developed an entirely different search method altogether with its own database tables and heuristics and with its own new target and templates - that would be an ‘add-in.’

I think that mods and code snippets are free territory - add-ons are risky because they are usually hard to upgrade… add-ins are the most complete programming solutions and those should either be ransomed or donation or outright sold.

The problem is that a ‘mod’ of the PHP is often not enough - so a corresponding ‘code snippet’ is needed in a template file someplace.

Get enough mods and snippets together to do a task, and you end up with an ‘add-on.’

Then when you realize you could have coded it a whole lot better if you knew what you wanted from the get-go, you write an add-in and see how much time you put into it and wonder why you shouldn’t get paid for that at least.