Advanced feature rich CS-Cart website developed

updated the post

Hi,

I have not seen all the features yet, but just want to point out that the pages do not work well in Explorer 6.0.2800.1106CO.

The Featured Products start about 1/2 way down the page. You only see white space Featured Products should be. Same goes for all the other pages, they start 1/2 way down the page.

Bob

Did not find amazon checkout nor adding insurance feature on that site checkout.

It is so slow!

[quote name=‘Darius’]Did not find amazon checkout nor adding insurance feature on that site checkout.

It is so slow![/quote]

I noticed the same things

Darius/mdekok3000

Thanks for the feedback…

Is the site overall slow or few sections

product details?

brands?

search?

overall?

Appreciate some more input with details as it will help us to corner the root cause and see why its happenning.

We are working with Amazon (waiting customer service reply) to finalize the gateway.

Currently we are working on redesigning the entire CS-Cart Checkout layout and functionality and few of the features listed will be in phase2 … soon

The initial page I loaded, which would be the front, took forever to load. Each page after that loaded faster, but still slower than average.

Basically, it’s overall, but it’s the initial page that’s killer slow.

I checked it today once more and it speed is fine I guess, well, usual cs-cart speed (I consider cs cart rather slow comparing to some others, but it is most features loaded).

What I like about your new website is that side columns hides when you enter product details page. I was wondering before how to achieve this.

Also would you give a hint what tpl did you edit to modify what is below “How to pay” in view cart page. I would like to add some text next to paypal express checkout.

Thanks and great work!

[quote name=‘smavtron’]Darius/mdekok3000

Thanks for the feedback…

Is the site overall slow or few sections

product details?

brands?

search?

overall?

Appreciate some more input with details as it will help us to corner the root cause and see why its happenning.

We are working with Amazon (waiting customer service reply) to finalize the gateway.

Currently we are working on redesigning the entire CS-Cart Checkout layout and functionality and few of the features listed will be in phase2 … soon[/QUOTE]

Quite slow in London. On 8Mbs took 21 seconds to see the front page.

Any news about the Amazon Gateway?

The site loads slow from Ohio too, but the layout is very nice. I’ve learned that the more contacts you make the site pull from the database, the slower the site is. We’ve started to take some of the commands and info outside of the database and have noticed better speed on our site at newtsgames.com.

I see you also have a work around that tells people to enter their zip code before checking out with Google. This way it avoids Googles annoying “3 second rule.” Did you use a script or how did you do it?

Thanks for the feedback.

[quote name=‘clips’]I’ve learned that the more contacts you make the site pull from the database, the slower the site is. We’ve started to take some of the commands and info outside of the database and have noticed better speed on our site at newtsgames.com.[/QUOTE]

Would appreciate if you can be specific on “some of the commands and info”… what exactly

[quote name=‘clips’]

I see you also have a work around that tells people to enter their zip code before checking out with Google. This way it avoids Googles annoying “3 second rule.” Did you use a script or how did you do it?[/QUOTE]

We have created a MOD to take care of the “3 second rule.” It seems that 135sp4 CS-Cart has provided a better solution.

Appreciate if you can provide more input.

we dumped all the extra languages and currencies made a huge difference in speed,

also upto the memory available to script in config.php file both realy increased load times, currently running at 128mb instead of default 12mb

planning to increase to at least 1 gig have been told this will have load time very fast

[quote name=‘smavtron’]

Would appreciate if you can be specific on “some of the commands and info”… what exactly

[/QUOTE]

Just about anything I put “outside” of the database allows the page to load faster. A perfect example is the “authorize.net” and “starfield” scripts. At first I tried to put them as an “ad” and then use the Listmania. When I did this it caused the whole page to load slow. When I just added the 2 scripts to the bottom of the page on the bottom.tpl the page loaded faster. Even if it is waiting on the scripts to respond at the bottom, it doesn’t hold up the whole page doing so.

[quote name=‘smavtron’]

We have created a MOD to take care of the “3 second rule.” It seems that 135sp4 CS-Cart has provided a better solution.

[/QUOTE]

I look forward to seeing what CS offers as a solution for Google.

Smavtron,

Wonderful!

Your navigation option “< Prev […] Next >” is…

WON DER FUL!

[url]http://www.ezcellzone.com/index.php?target=products&product_id=33349[/url]

How to do it?

Lee Li Pop

here ya go Lee Li and anyone else who wants it:

in includes/customer/products.php

search for:

if (!empty($product['meta_description']) || !empty($product['meta_keywords'])) {

right above it put:

$next_id=0;
$prev_id=0;
$q = "select product_id from $db_tables[products_categories] where category_id=$product[main_category] and link_type='M'";
$test = db_get_hash_array($q,'product_id');
sort($test);
for ($i=0;$i $last = count($test)-1;
if ($test[$i]['product_id'] == $product_id) {
if ($i==0) $prev_id = $test[$last]['product_id'];
else $prev_id = $test[$i-1]['product_id'];
if ($i == $last) $next_id = $test[0]['product_id'];
else $next_id = $test[$i+1]['product_id'];
$i = $last;
}
}
$smarty->assign("next_id",$next_id);
$smarty->assign("prev_id",$prev_id);

save

then, in skins//customer/products_pages/product_details.tpl

put something like:

```php

{if ($prev_id!=0 && $prev_id!='')} « Previous{/if} {if ($next_id!=0 && $next_id!='')}Next » {/if}

```

in my case, I put it above {capture name="mainbox"} but it can be put anywhere you want it to appear (i.e. top and bottom, etc...)

LuckDragon,

You’re my sunshine. For many years I am looking for this solution on a cart, and now I am delighted.

It’s a powerful way to keep your customers on their breath.

Why?

Your customers press “Next” to discover your next product!

It’s like turning forward and backward pages of a paper catalog.

Understand it my friends:

[SIZE=“4”]More your customers see your products, more your customers buy! More and more![/SIZE]

LuckDragon, with your solution it’s VERY easy to see EVERY products of your Categorie!

Frankly? Your solution is the best, because the next and previous links are endless. Links loop! It’s endless!

Bravo :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m seeking for a SEO fix.

I hope it will work with SEO turn on!

Dear CS-Carter friend,

When you find a SEO fix, post it here or on this thread:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=40807&mode=linear#post40807[/url]

Lee Li Pop

figured it out, without help :slight_smile:

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?p=40833#post40833[/url] has the full mod, with the seo changes/additions