Adult Products In Australian Store

Hi, I have expanded my Aviation Products store to now include all kinds of general products from Technology to beauty products, from Hone and Garden to Auto Accessories. However, I wanted to add a category for a handful of Adult Products, sometimes called marital aids but I am not sure on the legalities of doing this in Australia. Does anyone know whether you have to put some kind of “Over 18 Years of Age Only” sign for the category? If so any suggestions on how I could have this for just one sub category under the main category of “Beauty and Health”, thanks

Hi Ian,

It is suggestible to have a landing page (category) a brief “Adult Material Within” since laws differ between states.

Thanks Jess, so I direct the sub category to a page and then on that page have a link to say a hidden category of products?

[quote name='ibaker' timestamp='1417580070' post='198602']

Hi, I have expanded my Aviation Products store to now include all kinds of general products from Technology to beauty products, from Hone and Garden to Auto Accessories. However, I wanted to add a category for a handful of Adult Products, sometimes called marital aids but I am not sure on the legalities of doing this in Australia. Does anyone know whether you have to put some kind of “Over 18 Years of Age Only” sign for the category? If so any suggestions on how I could have this for just one sub category under the main category of “Beauty and Health”, thanks

[/quote]

Please use the Age verification module:

That's an idea, thanks will look into that

Thanks for the idea of the age-verification addon, set that up and it works. But, for anyone else reading this the only issue is if you have a block on the homepage of the latest products, this will still show the new products you enter into these adult only categories so you will have to modify that block to show ALL categories except for the adult only ones.

The other issue is I have new products automatically added to my Facebook page and are automatically tweeted on my Twitter page. I use twitterfeed for Facebook because it looks good on Facebook but not on Twitter, and Twibble for Twitter. Anyway, these will also post to your facebook wall and tweet any new products you add into the adult category, so you may like to delete them from facebook and twitter once they appear.

Not good having a male prolong enhancement spray next to a How To Train Your Dragon toy