Ads Feature does not show

Has anyone had any issues using the Ads feature. I created a text ad to show on the central part of the website and it will not show. I even tried other locations and it still does not work. I have read the manual and tried everything I can think of. Am I missing something? I would appreciate any help.

Are you using “Manage Ads”? Are using version 1.3.5 SP3?

If you are in 135sp3 then you have to now use the ad through listmania.

Why not add details about what you are using to your forum signature - see mine below as an example.

It can help others help you.

I got it working now. Thank you for your help.

[quote name=‘aromazona’]I got it working now. Thank you for your help.[/QUOTE]

Can you please explain how you got it to work?

I have been using CS for almost 2 years now and have never ran in to the issue of not being able to get the ads to work until SP3. Now I can’t seem to get anything to show up. Frustrating.

Thanks,

Clips

Here is what I found on another part of the forum that explains how to activate ads in the sp3.

[quote name=‘Darius’]This is not enough.

If you like to enable PAYMENTS… in Home page, you much click Edit on the right side, then Manage listed elements.

On the top, Home page should be selected. Then in Site Lyout select listmania you created PAYMENTS… and add an Ad with payment ad, image created with Manage ads.

Don’t forget to enable “Enable for this page:” checkbox.

At first I couldnt understand either why ads dont work, they dont work alone!

Sorry for eastern europe english… good luck :)[/QUOTE]

The sad part is CS-Cart really took something very simple and added a lot of steps.

Thanks,

Jim

In SP3, you have to use Listmania. Unless you install my banner rotator mod. Using the mod, I’ve re-enabled the usage of “Manage Ads”.

mdekok3000,

I’ve noticed you have some nice mods, but I have not braved them yet. While I am getting more comfortable installing and changing things, your mods seem to be for the more advanced…well at least more advanced than I am.

I tried to make them as simple as I could. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote name=‘mdekok3000’]I tried to make them as simple as I could. :-P[/QUOTE]

I’m sure it is simple, I’m just still getting comfortable with the manual editing. The part that spooks me the most is the database changes. I have not done these before.

i have to agree about the post that preveousely the manage ads was so simple. but now it has may steps. I just want to make an information box. mabey we can add to the wish list to put back the simple manage ads feature

Until then if you want it back, here’s the steps I used to add it back. If you want your ads to be randomized, then I’d still download the banner rotator mod from here.

1. Check to make sure you still have “addons/ads/ads.tpl”

2. In “main.tpl”

ADD PARTS IN RED

[COLOR=Red] {if $settings.Addons.ads == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/ads/ads.tpl" location="C" show_order="B"}
{/if}[/COLOR]
{include file="content.tpl"}
[COLOR=Red] {if $settings.Addons.ads == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/ads/ads.tpl" location="C" show_order="A"}
{/if}[/COLOR]
AND BEFORE

{if $settings.Addons.listmania == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/listmania/listboxes.tpl" box=$smarty.const.LM_LEFT_SIDEBOX order=$smarty.const.LM_BEFORE_MAIN_CONTENT}
{/if}
ADD

{if $settings.Addons.ads == 'Y'}
{include file="addons/ads/ads.tpl" location="L" show_order="B"}
{/if}
AND AFTER

{include file="addons/listmania/listboxes.tpl" box=$smarty.const.LM_LEFT_SIDEBOX order=$smarty.const.LM_AFTER_MAIN_CONTENT}
{/if}
ADD

{include file="addons/ads/ads.tpl" location="L" show_order="A"}
{/if}
AND BEFORE

{include file="addons/listmania/listboxes.tpl" box=$smarty.const.LM_RIGHT_SIDEBOX order=$smarty.const.LM_BEFORE_MAIN_CONTENT}
{/if}
ADD

{include file="addons/ads/ads.tpl" location="R" show_order="B"}
{/if}
AND AFTER

{include file="addons/listmania/listboxes.tpl" box=$smarty.const.LM_RIGHT_SIDEBOX order=$smarty.const.LM_AFTER_MAIN_CONTENT}
{/if}
ADD

{include file="addons/ads/ads.tpl" location="R" show_order="A"}
{/if}