Administrator User Problem?

I am having problems setting up users privileges.

I am trying to set it up so that I can have someone log in and add products only with acces to nothing else, but for some reason when I log in as that user other privileges are being displayed than the one I had chosen.

1. I set up a user group and named it “add products” and the only box I checked off was “manage catalog” for privileges.

2. I then went in and set up a user and linked it to this user group.

When I log in as the user instead of letting me add products it lets me view sales reports and add tags. It also allows access to a couple areas of the admin?

Has anyone else had this problem?

[attachment=5448:Admin User Problem.png]

Chris

Admin User Problem.png

Hello Chris,

Thank you for your message.

All these issues are well-known, but let's consider them in order. First of all the problem with inability to manage products in your CS-Cart admin panel occurred because the View catalog privilege is not selected in the user group created by you. Both View catalog and Manage catalog check boxes should be selected so that it could be possible to add/edit products and categories from the administrator account.

The Sales Reports section should not appear for the administrator who has only the View catalog and Manage catalog privileges, however it is displayed and it is a well-known bug in the current CS-Cart version. Unfortunately, the fix to this problem is quite massive and I cannot post it here. So feel free to contact us via Customer Help Desk and our technical support engineers will provide you with this fix for free or they will fix this problem right on your server if you wish.

Access to the Menus and Product tabs pages should be restricted as well when the administrator has only the View catalog and Manage catalog privileges and it is a well-known bug in the current CS-Cart version too. Unfortunately, a fix to this bug is not ready yet. Our engineers will do their best to fix this problem by the release date of CS-Cart version 3.0.2. You can also contact us via Customer Help Desk regarding this problem and in this case our technical support engineers will provide you with the bug fix as soon as it is ready.

The fact that you have the ability to manage tags is not a bug. This ability is provided to an administrator who has assigned to a user group which has the Manage catalog privilege enabled. So it works as it should in this case.

I hope I have managed to answer all your inquires. If you have any questions regarding this matter, please feel free to post them here.

Thank you.

Pavel Zyukin

CS-Cart Support team