Admin Redirect Issue

Hello,

We are testing out duplicating a store from one domain to another (both on separate servers). There is currently an installation of CS-Cart on the new domain, very similar to the current store, but the products are different and we would like to duplicate the current site on the new domain. So far I've…

-Created a subdomain for testing purposes on the new domain ( referred to here on in as 'SITE B' )

-Installed a fresh copy of the same version of cs-cart as the site being duplicated ( referred to here on in as 'SITE A' )

-Copied the config.local.php from SITE B file to my local machine

-Copied over the files from SITE A to SITE B

-Moved config.local.php file back to SITE B

-Made a backup of SITE A's database

-Uploaded and restored backup on SITE B

Kosher, right? Well, when I try to go the admin panel of SITE B (the dev subdomain store), it redirects to SITE B's primary domain admin panel instead. Checked the local config file, all settings are correct and pointing to the dev site subdomain. I'm not sure what's going on.

Any help would be appreciated!

Change the locations defined in the config variable within config.local.php to point to your local site versus your production site.

One thing that I found was that:

www.domain.com admin is SSL

dev.domain.com uses a copy of domain.com's database

dev.domain.com's admin will be redirected back to domain.com

If you use domain.com/dev instead of a subdomain, this won't do this.

Hope that makes some sense.

Thanks,

Brandon

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1322260290' post='126739']

Change the locations defined in the config variable within config.local.php to point to your local site versus your production site.

[/quote]

I stated in the initial post that I had already made sure that the config.local.php file was correct.

[quote name='brandonvd' timestamp='1322264598' post='126747']

One thing that I found was that:

www.domain.com admin is SSL

dev.domain.com uses a copy of domain.com's database

dev.domain.com's admin will be redirected back to domain.com

If you use domain.com/dev instead of a subdomain, this won't do this.

Hope that makes some sense.

Thanks,

Brandon

[/quote]

That worked! Thank you, Brandon!