Admin panel only access for online pre-defined ip's

Hello,

Via the backend/administration/store-access you can block ip’s for accessing the admin panel.

Is it also possible to set pre-defined ip’s which can only access the admin panel and block all others?

Thanks for you reply.

Hello, dennis!

Please go to Administration → Add-ons → Access restrictions. Tick “Login to the admin panel from specified IPs only” checkbox, save changes. After that, go to Administration → Store access, choose “Administration panel” tab, on this page you can add ips which you would like to access your admin panel, don't forget to save changes.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1323073228' post='127269']

Hello, dennis!

Please go to Administration → Add-ons → Access restrictions. Tick “Login to the admin panel from specified IPs only” checkbox, save changes. After that, go to Administration → Store access, choose “Administration panel” tab, on this page you can add ips which you would like to access your admin panel, don't forget to save changes.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

Thank you for your information. I thought the store access is blocking the IP? That means if the tab “Administration panel” is selected, you can set the allowed ip's? Are the other ip's then blocked?

Thank you for your advice.

[quote name='dennis' timestamp='1323074939' post='127272']

Thank you for your information. I thought the store access is blocking the IP? That means if the tab “Administration panel” is selected, you can set the allowed ip's? Are the other ip's then blocked?

Thank you for your advice.

[/quote]

I've test my own “ip” but I forbid myself to acces the admin panel. Not so handy.

Is there another option to set access only for pre-defined ip's for the backend?

Dear, dennis!

Please, again, go to Administration → Add-ons → Access restrictions. Tick “Login to the admin panel from specified IPs only” checkbox, save changes. If this checkbox is ticked, in Store access, administration panel tab, you can specify ips which will be allowed, if this checkbox is not ticked, you specify ips which will be blocked.

Best regards, Alt-team

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1323332232' post='127497']

Dear, dennis!

Please, again, go to Administration → Add-ons → Access restrictions. Tick “Login to the admin panel from specified IPs only” checkbox, save changes. If this checkbox is ticked, in Store access, administration panel tab, you can specify ips which will be allowed, if this checkbox is not ticked, you specify ips which will be blocked.

Best regards, Alt-team

[/quote]

Thank you Alt-Team. It work now. I had not read your answer good enough. My apologizes.

You are welcome, dennis. Glad to help!

Best regards, Alt-team.

Make sure you have another ip incase your ip is changed or anything with your ip or you may have problems, it happened to me I had this set up and ip did change at the shop I can not remember why but I could not log in so had to use back up to log in and reset ip for the shop. My back up is at home and besides the shop is the only one allowed so always have 2 ips on your approval area

Thanks for your advice Flasher!