Admin menu changes for selecting categories

In cscart 3, latest version, my client was adding new categories. This was, like the cs cart 3 demo, showing as a dropdown select which he loved. After adding a new category however it changed and he hates this interface. It pops up a box with radio buttons instead of being a drop down to select a category to add to a product. Additionally on categories edit page in the admin, it no longer shows the expand all. This really makes him angry and it makes the time for him to add products and edit categories a lot longer, is there some code in cscart that controls which layout it is? Maybe depending on the number of categories? It changed on the old 2.0 cart too but we didn't get to fix it… on 3 he was so happy with it the new way and it changed “literally 3 seconds ago” and we can't get it back. What controls this is it an option?

I'll provide screenshots if desired but the differences are this:

On search page it uses pop up box instead of dropdown for selecting categories

On the product edit page the pop up box doesn't allow you to expand all categories at once the +/- button isn't on the top to allow this. It also doesn't show the categories expanded by default.

On the categoies page it doesn't allow you to expand all categories and doesn't show them all expanded by default.

Other pages to don't use the dropdown box which is much faster and overall less clicks and less loading time.

Anything you can do to help I appreciate. If you need screenshots i can do that too.

If I remember it used to chenge on the old v2 when a certain amount of cats etc were reached. try a search for category quantity list.

or category drop down

John

Ok thanks :confused:

Did you ever get this issue resolved? I have the same problem. I don't like having to select the radio buttons. I prefer selecting from a drop down. I do have a lot more categories with the new website we are building using CS 3, so maybe that's the problem.

Thanks.

/config.php

// These constants define when select box with categories list should be replaced with picker
define('CATEGORY_THRESHOLD', 100); // if number of categories less than this value, all categories will be retrieved, otherwise subcategories will be retrieved by ajax
define('CATEGORY_SHOW_ALL', 100); // if number of categories less than this value, categories tree will be expanded

[quote name='The Tool' timestamp='1354243015' post='150137']

/config.php

// These constants define when select box with categories list should be replaced with picker
define('CATEGORY_THRESHOLD', 100); // if number of categories less than this value, all categories will be retrieved, otherwise subcategories will be retrieved by ajax
define('CATEGORY_SHOW_ALL', 100); // if number of categories less than this value, categories tree will be expanded

[/quote]

Thanks The Tool,

I will give it a try.