Admin Login Not Working In Firefox And Chrome

Hello There,

I cannot log into the admin panel on either Firefox or Chrome. I can log in fine on Safari, but even then the menu tabs do not work!!! This is quite the bummer…

Also, none of the “pop-ups” work in either Firefox nor Chrome. For example, clicking on the “cart” icon should yield a pop-up. In Safari it does but in the other two it does not. Same with adding an item to the cart…there is supposed to be a pop-up saying an item has been added, but not so in Firefox and Chrome…

Any help/suggestions with this would be much appreciated!

The pages can be found at:

http://www.poshmommy.ca/Web%202/shop/index.php

http://www.poshmommy.ca/Web%202/shop/index.php?dispatch=pages.view&page_id=1

p.s. I am pushing the 60 free trial period (although I fully intend to purchase), would this have anything to do with it?

Thanks!

I should also mention that when I do try to log into the admin panel in either of the offending browsers, I don't know what went wrong as there is not pop-up there either! (You would think it would somehow tell you why you can't log in.)

Thanks

Check and see if your PHP error_log says anything and also check your browser error console for javascript errors. My bet is that it's something to do with Javascript and/or the AJAX requests.

Please try to provide some error info if possible, otherwise we're just going to ask you to go look for it before we can give you any counsel.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1309748767’ post=‘116197’]

Check and see if your PHP error_log says anything and also check your browser error console for javascript errors. My bet is that it’s something to do with Javascript and/or the AJAX requests.

Please try to provide some error info if possible, otherwise we’re just going to ask you to go look for it before we can give you any counsel.

[/quote]

Hi There!

Thanks so much for your response! I really do appreciate the help!

Regarding the error messages, that’s just it, when I go to put the username and password into the admin panel, the browser “busy” thingy spins for a couple seconds and then both input fields go blank and no error message appears…this happens in both Firefox and Chrome. I don’t even get the “wrong username/password” error when I fill these fields in incorrectly.

Looking at the error logs that the browsers provide, Firefox gives me a bunch of warnings mostly dealing with css (ex: Unknown property ‘-moz-opacity’. Declaration dropped.) There was one warning that said “Empty string passed to getElementById().” The source file for this was http://www.poshmommy.ca/Web%202/shop/shopCont.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=shopCont.php. I should mention that I am running Firefox 5.

Chrome’s console provided me with no warnings or errors of any kind…:(

I am not sure where to find the PHP error_log (such a noob), however under the administration tab in the admin panel in cs-cart (which I can access through Safari as I mentioned), there is a log link in there and I noticed that when I do try to login using firefox (or chrome), it shows up in that log as a successful login…however the admin panel does not open up in Firefox (or Chrome). Even when I am logged out of the admin panel in Safari and try to login in Firefox, it still is not working.

Thanks again for your help! Let me know if there is anything else you may need…

The empty string error is not good. This would imply that you have some modified html that modifies an id somewhere and the browser is trying to update the info (maybe the notification area).

Post the full error message (along with line numbers) and it might help.

The php error_log can be accessed from your cpanel. Many hosting sites put it in the root of your store (public_html directory) or the home directory of the user (usually /home/.

Im having the same issue!

Im currently using firefox 5.0. The cookies are enabled and everything. I dont understand why im getting this error message:

“The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.”

When ever i try to access my Admin Panel from link:

http://jbmarketplace.com/admincp.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=admincp.php

it redirects me to:

http://jbmarketplace.com/admincp.php?dispatch=feedback.send&action=auto

and gives me the error message above.

Before i had downloaded firefox 5.0 it had worked fine, now it doesnt… I went to firefoxes website and followed their tutorials thinking it would fix this error and received no positive outcome, still the same error message.

I also tired to access it through IE version: 5.12.2.16749-3-16749 [fwv5-14193]

and received the same outcome…

I also tired to access the same website url on another computer and still got the same error. So im not sure if its on Firefoxes end or on CS Cart End. But i hope to find some resolution soon. Without this working i cannot update my website…

JB in your case I would suggest manually clearing your var/cache and var/compiled directories by removing the contents of those directories and then going straight to your admincp.php URL and try logging in again. If you can login via a different browser then you can clear the cache via:

http://jbmarketplace.com/admincp.php?cc

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1309819263' post='116254']

The empty string error is not good. This would imply that you have some modified html that modifies an id somewhere and the browser is trying to update the info (maybe the notification area).

Post the full error message (along with line numbers) and it might help.

The php error_log can be accessed from your cpanel. Many hosting sites put it in the root of your store (public_html directory) or the home directory of the user (usually /home/.

[/quote]

Hello Again,

Here is the exact error that Firefox is giving me:

Warning: Empty string passed to getElementById().

Source File: http://www.poshmommy.ca/Web%202/shop/shopCont.php?dispatch=auth.login_form&return_url=shopCont.php

Line: 0

As for the PHP error log, there is nothing in there relevant to this issue (as I recognized all the entries from unrelated issues that have been solved).

I have certainly messed around with the customer side of the template, but I haven't touched the admin side…what code do these two skins have in common?

Thanks again for the help!

[quote name='tbirnseth' timestamp='1309823965' post='116261']

JB in your case I would suggest manually clearing your var/cache and var/compiled directories by removing the contents of those directories and then going straight to your admincp.php URL and try logging in again. If you can login via a different browser then you can clear the cache via:

http://jbmarketplace.com/admincp.php?cc

[/quote]

Some reason it worked with your link that you provided me. Thank you very much. I didnt clear anything either. Although i did it before as the tutorials of Firefox told me to do so…

JB - the cache clear on the cart has nothing to do with the browser but I'm glad it cleared up the problem for you.

Sven - The error message from FF is useless (line 0). However, having a space in an element of the path to your store (Web 2) might cause you all sorts of unexpected problems. Strongly suggest you change it to Web_2 or something else. If your host provides this path, someone needs to educate them.

Sorry I can't help any further.

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’ timestamp=‘1309835016’ post=‘116267’]

JB - the cache clear on the cart has nothing to do with the browser but I’m glad it cleared up the problem for you.

Sven - The error message from FF is useless (line 0). However, having a space in an element of the path to your store (Web 2) might cause you all sorts of unexpected problems. Strongly suggest you change it to Web_2 or something else. If your host provides this path, someone needs to educate them.

Sorry I can’t help any further.

[/quote]

Well kiss my grits! Turns out the space made all the difference! Man is my face red… :unsure:

I will give the host provider a piece of my mind…which means I will be giving myself a piece of my own mind…

Lesson learned!

Thanks again.