Admin Login Issue

Hello Forum,

Hope I can get help here. I just discovered that my site (still in development) is not letting me log into admin. I had not been on the site for a few days and now I am having this issue:

• Whenever I try to log in, the page just reloads and then tells me there is an error that the credentials do not match. I know that what I am entering are the right login info.
  • I tried to get the password reset but the system is not sending me a rest info at all. i tried a few times over a 24 hour period.
  • I had changed the admin folder as per cs-cart recommendation to another name a while back. A very un-common name as a matter of fact.
  • I have access to the ftp but did not notice any changes to any folder when I looked but there maybe changes to files that I am not aware of.
  • When I discovered the admin issue, I also found that some blocks on the Homepage were not showing up but 24 hours later, they are displaying now.
  • How can I get the admin login reset from the server or thru FTP? I feel like someone got a hold of a login and then changed my admin to block me out. I want to rename the re-named admin...but do not quite know how to hopefully block that intrusion if any.

Can anyone plz show me how to regain my site and admin.

Regards

Hi, the admin itself and the password is saved in the database table `cscart_users`. There you can change the password. You have to convert the password to a md5 hash using a MD5 generator like this one:

https://goo.gl/JaVF

After you create the hash, put is in the column named 'password' in the table.

That's it.

Hello Martfox. Thanks for taking the time to answer. Just to let you know:

• The site was configured to use an email instead of a username
  • I asked the guy managing the server to check and he said he could not find the info. There seem to be another user in the tables also that I did not setup
  • Can all the admin users be deleted but one and then change that to the new admin login?
  • And what about the email as username configuration.

My apologies if I sound dumb but I am kind of a Newbie at this.

Regards

I asked the guy managing the server to check and he said he could not find the info.

Which info? Of the admin? It should be your email address in the table. If it's not there, then just simply change a existing users email address to yours with your new password.

Can all the admin users be deleted but one and then change that to the new admin login?

Yes... didn't read this line so answered above

And what about the email as username configuration.

In the new version the email address wiil be used as the user name.

PM me temporary FTP access and we will reset your admin password