Admin is all messed up

OK, I really messed things up and need to recover/restore the admin area of my site. Here is what happened. I’ve notice that some of the settings were not being set when I changed them, like default location in the General area of Admin Settings. Also others, and when I clicked on Close Store at the bottom-right of the Admin screen a pop-up said it was closed, but when I went to the on-line store it was open. So then in hindsight I did a stupid thing. I thought that some of the files might have been corrupted or something so I copied the .tpl and .css files in the skins/basic/admin folder on my computer to the cscart/skins/basic/admin folder on the web server and over-wrote the existing file there. Now when I go into the admin area and click on Administration and then Settings I get this:

404 Not Found

The requested URL /cscart/settings.manage does not exist.

I am in a panic now since I need to correct some settings and can’t get to them. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks you.

Do you have a backup of your site? If not contact your Hosting Provider as they typically do this every week or so.

I don’t have a backup and I’m not sure the hosting site does that either. I’ll check with them. I only want to restore only what I need. Should I tell them I need just the skins/basic/admin directory, or will I need the entire CS-Cart directory? Thanks Whiplash13.

Your original issue was caused by a caching problem where the new data was not properly reflected in the registry cache. Flushing the cache would solve that problem (/admin.php?cc). Do you use the PDO Sqlite3 caching backend?

As far as the current problem goes…

This URL is not valid. It is unclear what you are doing that generates it. I’m assuming that you can login to the admin area (or you wouldn’t get that URL). So what happens when you clidk Administration and then the Setting tab?

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]As far as the current problem goes…

This URL is not valid. It is unclear what you are doing that generates it. I’m assuming that you can login to the admin area (or you wouldn’t get that URL). So what happens when you clidk Administration and then the Setting tab?[/QUOTE]

The only thing I did was replace the .css and .tpl files in the skins/basic/admin directory. When I click on Administration tab and then click the Settings link I get this:

404 Not Found

I get the same error (xxxxxxx.manage) for all of these links on the Administration tab:

Settings

Add-ons

Payment methods

Database

Credit cards

Titles

Currencies

Import data

Export data

Logs

Upgrade center

Statistics

Store access

Substitute any of the above for xxxxxxx in xxxxxxx.manage in the resulting error after clicking one of the links above.

As a side note, I checked with the hosting service and they have two full site backups. I downloaded the most recent and wouldn’t you know it the files I overwrote that caused this issue were not in the backup. I’m downloading the other backup now to see if they are in that one. Fingers crossed.

So before you click the links, you have the URL <yoursite.com>/admin.php in the address bar of your browser and then when you click a link, it changes to /cscart/settings.manage?

What happens when you go to other tabs and click their links (Content/Languages for instance)?

I contacted CS_Cart ans it turns out I had a bad top.tpl in the cscart home directory. Once it was replaces everything worked again. Thanks for the reponses!