Admin In Multi-Vendor

We're testing the multi-vendor store and I can't figure out where the admin for the vendor is located. Once I create a vendor's account there is no admin for vendor in the menu. Is this right or am I missing something?

When I reset the password, I got an email that had the link to it, that was the only way I knew there is an admin. But is there another way to get to it?

Thanks

Your question is not quite clear.

Admin area:

http://demo.mv.cs-cart.com/admin.php

Vendor area:

http://demo.mv.cs-cart.com/vendor.php

In the admin area you can select vendor at the top of the page to see all objects and settings related to this vendor only.

When a customer applies for a vendor, only the 'company' is created. You can find all companies on the 'Vendors'-'Vendors' page in the administrator area. A new vendor will be with the 'New' status. When you activate it (select the 'Active' status), this vendor's administrator will be created. You can find it on the 'Customers'-'Vendor's administrators' page in the administrator area.

Ok, so, we apply for vendor. Then it gets approved in admin. But when we login there is no administration for vendor under his login. It looks just like the regular customer admin.

There is no links to /vendor.php anywhere.

If you mean store-front, no extra links are displayed to logged in vendors in the store-front

Yes, exactly. There is no link to Vendor's Admin.

Process is as described above:

1. user applies for vendor account
  2. Admin approves company and vendor admin user is created (or if was an existing logged in user, updated to be the vendor admin for that company) and notification sent to vendor.
  3. Vendor logs in via vendor.php
  4. They can then select Vendors/Vendor from the menu and that will take them to the company info for that vendor.
  5. Any products/categories created are now within that company only.

The admin of a company is separate from the company itself. This allows one to change "management" of the company (vendor) without modification of the company data/information itself. The vendor can then create other admins for the company as desired but the original admin has "root" authority for that company.

Got it, so it's the email that sends the link with vendor's info. You can't just login on the site and see it.

Thank you for the help!

If a non-registered user applies for a vendor account, their name info is kept with the company info. The email of the company is used to create the vendor admin and the store name is applied to that account. This all happens when the company is approved. If the company is not approved, there is no user_type=='V' that has a company_id related to the pending company. Hence, there is no admin for the pending company.

Hope that makes things clearer.

When the administrator changes the status of a vendor (company) from 'new' to 'active', the e-mail notification is being sent to recently created vendor administrator. This e-mail includes the link to vendor area.

When the administrator changes the status of a vendor (company) from 'new' to 'active', the e-mail notification is being sent to recently created vendor administrator. This e-mail includes the link to vendor area.

Could you please specify the template of this notification?

Could you please specify the template of this notification?

design/backend/mail/templates/companies/status_n_a_notification.tpl

design/backend/mail/templates/companies/status_n_a_notification.tpl

Thanks. dynamok, so if you want to make the process more clear for your new vendors, please edit the text_company_status_new_to_active_administrator_created language variable:

http://demo.mv.cs-cart.com/admin.php?q=mpany_status_new_to_active_administrator_created&dispatch%5Blanguages.translations%5D=Search

Thank you guys!

You are welcome!