Admin Extremely Slow

Hi To all Cs cart users

The last 2 days my admin is extremely slow. I ve got CS-CART: version 2.1.4 PROFESSIONAL

The website speed is ok the problem apears only in the admin.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thank you

Have you cleared your cache? Also, is there an particular area? I.e. does the login prompt happen timely or is it slow too? Are product listings slow as well as categories, or just products? This is the type of characterization needed for anyone to help you here without going on to your site and experiencing it themselves.

I have the same problems. I've cleared my cache, but pages take around 3 - 4 minutes to load, sometimes even longer. It took about 1 hour to add 2 categories.

I've installed Smartoptimizers but to no effect.

Get rid of any 3rd party optimizers or op-code caches until you get the core problem solved. Your problem is severe enough that an optimizer won't help you until you find the root-cause of your problem.

More than likely you have a database problem. Have your host run an 'optimize' on all tables in your database and also have them look for any needed 'repairs'.

What type of hosting plan are you using? What version of cs-cart? Make sure you are NOT in a cloud based site. Databases don't play well there. Aslo if you are hosting with GoDaddy or 1on1 or one of the other mass-produced web-site hosts, leave them and go to someone more geared to an ecommerce site.

Is this slowness only for the admin side?

@tbirnseth

Thanks for this

I have been running Opencart on the same site with absolutely no issues.

Database has now been repaired and optimsed. I have removed the optimiser as advised, until problem is fixed.

The performance issue is now even worse, It takes a long times to even get logged in, and formatting for the login screen disppears.

Its really any task in admin just takes a long long time to load, or eventually time out.

Front end speed is acceptable, only admin is giving me problems.

It does look like the issue is with the scriping rather than the server - looking at the error logs I can see the following:

[Fri Jan 20 11:41:53 2012] [error] [client 141.101.70.183] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function smarty_modifier_fn_filter_rebrand_data() in /home/sites/tctoolshop.co.uk/public_html/var/compiled/admin/%%8B^8BE^8BE51183%%manage.tpl.php on line 290, referer: http://tctoolshop.co.uk/tctools_admin.php?dispatch=upgrade_center.manage

It looks like it's unable to find a function in one of the templating files when accessing the admin area. This could certainly cause loading issues.

How can I fix this?

This is really interesting. This morning I loaded my admin and it was extremely slow. The front end seems to be ok, but it took almost 30 seconds to login and navigation is taking forever.

I just optimized about 20 days ago when I upgraded to the latest version of cs-cart.

I saw something wierd in my logs that a customer had next to their name:

[color=#000000][font=Tahoma, Arial, Verdana,]URL: Error

and their is the rest of this log, but it contains my license key.

Any ideas?

Adam

Suggest you contact the helpdesk. The xml data should not be being sent in a GET request (I.e. embedded in the URL)

I deleted my var/compiled directory which fixed the problem.

I also facing the same problem and there is no official solution on this. I was using Viart and just switched to CsCart but seems that it was a wrong decision.

I have a dedicated server with good configuration but still admin is too slow. Applied all the tricks but of no use.

What is too slow? More details would help. The person posting this topic had to wait 30 seconds which is of course not the way it should be. Things can however sometimes take 2 or 3 seconds (in admin site, customer is much faster) if you have a shop with lots of features and/or products.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1337419224' post='136785']

What is too slow? More details would help. The person posting this topic had to wait 30 seconds which is of course the way it should be. Things can however sometimes take 2 or 3 seconds (in admin site, customer is much faster) if you have a shop with lots of features and/or products.

[/quote]

When I click on Order, customer or product button page load speed is too low it takes unusual time around 30 seconds where it should take 4 to 6 seconds.

CS-Cart's license server is under maintenance, it's possible that people's browsers are waiting for the callback prior to page load; hence the time-out

[quote name='JesseLeeStringer' timestamp='1337420178' post='136787']

CS-Cart's license server is under maintenance, it's possible that people's browsers are waiting for the callback prior to page load; hence the time-out

[/quote]

I have two web sites with CS Cart, one is working fine where other one is performing not well at Admin side.

This might be completely wrong - or just a coincidence, but I have had a very slow admin in the past and cured it each time by doing one of two things.

1: in config.local.php

change the setting of:

$config['cache_backend'] = 'file'; to $config['cache_backend'] = 'sqlite'; – then clear the cache, then change the setting back. (presumably this will work in reverse if you have it currently set as sqlite?)

(I used to have it permanently set as sqlite but when I moved to a VPS it was giving error messages so I swapped back to file)…

2: clear statistics…

this has worked for me a few times over the past year…

I noticed a strange behavior at admin part, when I click to view orders it takes a lots of time around 30 to 50 seconds.

Now what strange I noticed is, if I sort the order list by date then I noticed that system is generating thousands of order every minute which is multiplying every minute, that is what I think making the page load slow because it keeps the database bussy in generating new orders.

Screenshot is here:http://shoppingmantra.com/images/order_error.jpg

This is of course not supposed to happen. I assume since you are new you have support points, so I'd contact support if I were you.

[quote name='Flow' timestamp='1337498816' post='136837']

This is of course not supposed to happen. I assume since you are new you have support points, so I'd contact support if I were you.

[/quote]

Done but no revert till now, may be due to weekend

I manually deleted all the orders which were created automatically, now everything seems to be ok, page load time is also lower now and system had stopped creating orders

If it were me, I'd find out what was wrong so if it happens again at a really bad time, you'll know what to do. Do you use “recurring orders”? That's the first place I would look.