Address Fields On Checkout Page Issue

Hi all,

can anyone explain me how works that "Is invoice address same as delivery?" feature on checkout step 1? It worked on my eshop just fine since I try to play with "required" setting on some fields. From that moment this feature does not show up and customer must fill all fields manualy (invoice and delivery address).

Even I try to set required fields back as it was, it makes no change.

Is there some fields rule, which I need to keep to make this feature working? CS-cart docs dont say anything about it.

CSC 4.3.7

Thanks, Marek

It is simple. The list of displayed profile fields in the billing section should be equal to the list of fields in the shipping section.

It is simple. The list of displayed profile fields in the billing section should be equal to the list of fields in the shipping section.

...right, I figured out after some testing, but even though there is one strangeness... look at my screenshot, which shows working fields configuration ("...same as delivery..." showed), but when I check field "Firma" as required (at pink arrow), then form on frontpage does not show "...same as delivery..." feature.

So fields are same and feature (in my case) depends on one "required" check box... why?

Just in case of screenshot translation need... Fakturacni=billing, Dodaci=shipping

v5.jpg

...right, I figured out after some testing, but even though there is one strangeness... look at my screenshot, which shows working fields configuration ("...same as delivery..." showed), but when I check field "Firma" as required (at pink arrow), then form on frontpage does not show "...same as delivery..." feature.

So fields are same and feature (in my case) depends on one "required" check box... why?

Just in case of screenshot translation need... Fakturacni=billing, Dodaci=shipping

Actually I do not know the answer. This question should be addressed to CS-Cart developers.