Addons... a simple question

very basic…

If I install 3rd party addons, am I right in thinking that the original CS-Cart files will be untouched/unchanged? So if there are any problems I can disable the addon and it will be like it was never there… ie no code screwed up

…or did I get this wrong?

Also Hooks and My_Changes addon… I’ve done some basic CSS alterations using the My_Changes addon, and all went well… Is the My_Changes addon just for Skin CSS related changes or can it be used to modify the Template files themselves… and (I presume not) can it be used for modifications to the core code, ie ‘functionality’ changes/fixes too?

thanks

:smiley: :smiley: :shock: :smiley:

Hello Fishpaste,

[quote name=‘Fishpaste’]very basic…

If I install 3rd party addons, am I right in thinking that the original CS-Cart files will be untouched/unchanged? So if there are any problems I can disable the addon and it will be like it was never there… ie no code screwed up

…or did I get this wrong?

[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that everything will work correctly after installing third-party add-ons. If the addons are installed correctly, you can disable them via the administration panel of your store easily.

[QUOTE]

Also Hooks and My_Changes addon… I’ve done some basic CSS alterations using the My_Changes addon, and all went well… Is the My_Changes addon just for Skin CSS related changes or can it be used to modify the Template files themselves… and (I presume not) can it be used for modifications to the core code, ie ‘functionality’ changes/fixes too?

thanks

:smiley: :smiley: :shock: :D[/QUOTE]

You can modify not only css files, but also template files by using the “My changes” add-on. You can find examples of using this add-on in this section of our Knowledge Base.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team

CS can’t guarantee it but if you buy an add-on from a good developer it is usually the case.

At least I never had problems… but if you want to be sure, ask the developer.

thanks

You are welcome.

Anastasiya Kozlova

CS-Cart Support team