ADDON: Subcategory Thumbnails

Got it installed on 2.0.8 but my images are not showing up. Any ideas?

Did you install my updated version?

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=58322&postcount=18[/url]

Thanks kogi. I will test this out and let you know how it works.

[quote name=‘kogi’]I’ve taken the liberty of adding all the changes to a new zip

jobosales - subcategories description under pic

Dave the Slave - Category descriptions

Mine - Subcategories image clickable

Triplets - 2.0.7 views fix

Working on 2.0.7[/QUOTE]

dude, is it compatible with 2.0.8 version?

[quote name=‘kogi’]Did you install my updated version?

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showpost.php?p=58322&postcount=18[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks You Kogi, Thank You All!!!

Hello, thanks for coding this addon it’s exactly what I require. I am having trouble making it work. Once installed the sub category thumbnails display fine, that’s not the problem. When I navigate through my site and click the category that contains products the area turns white. all I see is my shop header and no products. Even the category list on the left disappears. When I unistall the addon everythign works fine again.

I really would love to see use this addon. I used the updated version if that helps.

I am using version 2.0.6 and the default_blue skin, is this the problem?

Please help

Are you using the original version on post 1?

If not, you should be for 2.06

Hi

I have made some tweaks to the product multicolumn grid view and thats fine - just how i want it

but when i enable this mod it breaks my grid view?

im using the updated version of this addon and im on the latest version of CS cart v2.0,12

Why does it ignore my changes for the product multicolumn grid?

help somebody please

Thanks

[quote name=‘kogi’]I’ve taken the liberty of adding all the changes to a new zip

jobosales - subcategories description under pic

Dave the Slave - Category descriptions

Mine - Subcategories image clickable

Triplets - 2.0.7 views fix

Working on 2.0.7[/QUOTE]

[COLOR=“DarkGreen”]Thank you for the complete file.

I would like to remove the product listing at the bottom of the category pages, as I find no need to display products on a category page, it is quite confusing for the shopper.

I can not figure out what code to remove in the view.overide.tpl file?

Your expert assistance would be very appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
[/COLOR]

In General Settings, uncheck “Show products from subcategories of the selected category” - no products will appear on subcategory pages.

Bob

[quote name=‘jobosales’]In General Settings, uncheck “Show products from subcategories of the selected category” - no products will appear on subcategory pages.

Bob[/QUOTE]

Bob, you have made my Saturday…I was making this way too hard, after doing the Hook on page 1 I just assumed the change must have been in the Hook file and have spent the better part of the day trying different combinations of the end file…which did not work of course…Brilliant and thanks again!

Good mod, easy to install. Thanks.

i tried everything… i cant get this to work. It wont come up on my Addons settings…

HELP! version 2.0.12

This is great… I was struggling to figure this out my self.

I have 1 question though, is it possible for me to add the category wysiwyg content above the thumbnail block?

RE: the category descriptions… yep, sure can. Quoted from upthread:

[quote name=‘Dave the Slave’]

Replaced the first several lines of code in /customer/addons/subcat_thumbs/hooks/categories/view.override.tpl

{* $Id: view.tpl *}

{hook name="categories:view"}
{if $subcategories or $category_data.description || $category_data.main_pair}
{math equation="ceil(n/c)" assign="rows" n=$subcategories|count c=$columns|default:"2"}
{split data=$subcategories size=$rows assign="splitted_subcategories"}
[/QUOTE]

I also found that using this addon (the later version) made my products disappear. Testing a demo of 12 and really would like to make it work, as I’ve been dreaming of this layout for years! Any suggestions as to why it’s breaking and how I can fix it?

Installation:

1. Download and unpack attached zip file. ( use Firefox not IE )
  2. Upload both folders to site
  3. Log into Admin, goto addons, scroll down to “Subcategory Thumbnails” and click install.
  4. That’s it!

-----------------------------

great hook however please advise where DO I UPLOAD THESE FILES on the server?

When I installed this addon, it works great when I view the subcategories (see TestOne.jpg) However, when I look at the products in a subcategory, the thumbnail does not show and I get a scrollbar at the bottom of the product listing (see TestTwo.jpg). I tried List, Grid, and Compact List, same results. If I look at a subcategory with no thumbnail, there is no scrollbar. If I disable the addon, the subcategory product listing shows the thumbnail and there is no scrollbar.

Any ideas how to fix? CS 2.0.12.

Thanks

TestTwo.jpg

TestOne.jpg

Update: If I add a block to the right sidebox, the problem goes away (see picture). This is not really what I want however, we are designing our product detail pages to be left sidebox and central only.

Did some more testing and the page looks OK in IE 8, not in FF 3.6 (which is what I am using). I looked at the source difference between a page that did show the scroll bar and one that did not. The page that did show the scroll bar added an empty table right after the subcategory header name:

```php

Test Subcategory

[COLOR="Red"]

[/COLOR]

```

If I manually remove this table, the page shows with no scroll bar in FF. Don't know if this is a bug or if there is a setting that removes the thumbnail from the subcategory listing which may make this problem go away.

TestTwo.jpg

I have tried on 2.0.12. I did what was explained. But I couldn’t see any thing in the admistration >> Addons section. Can anybody help me?

[quote name=‘ChrisW’]Update: If I add a block to the right sidebox, the problem goes away (see picture). This is not really what I want however, we are designing our product detail pages to be left sidebox and central only.

Did some more testing and the page looks OK in IE 8, not in FF 3.6 (which is what I am using). I looked at the source difference between a page that did show the scroll bar and one that did not. The page that did show the scroll bar added an empty table right after the subcategory header name:

[/QUOTE]

I still don’t know why the empty table is there, but based on an idea from this thread: [url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16603[/url], I was able to solve my problem by adding an overflow:hidden property to the .mainbox-body tag in skins/your_skin/customer/styles.base.css:

.mainbox-body {
margin-bottom: 20px;
overflow: hidden;
}

I am still doing some testing to see if any other pages are affected by this change, but it looks good so far.