Addon: Quick Search For Cs-Cart 4

Hello Jim,

I'm disappointed to hear about this bug and about the developer's position. There is not any need to give us ftp, we see this bug and it will be definitely fixed. Thank you for the information and screenshots. We will contact you via HelpDesk and we will let everyone know about the fixed version in this thread. Thank you again.

Best regards, Alt-team

We got our upgrade for the Quick Search and it works quite well. The Alt-Team made it so you can choose to turn on or off the “short description” plus they made it so you can turn on or off the “show all results”. So this makes it with more choices depending on what you like. The other good part also is it does not affect the initial speed of the page load.

The only thing that would make this better is if CS-Cart put it back in to the shopping cart by default. :-(

The most immediate thing that I think would make it better is to make is so we can change the background color of the drop down search results. On our page it tends to blend in with the page itself it doesn’t stand out as much.

I would like to say GREAT JOB ALT-TEAM. First of all for listening to customers in the first place and bringing back this search. Second of all for listening again and making tweaks to make it better with the “search all results”.

[quote name=‘clips’ timestamp=‘1397398670’ post=‘181642’]

We got our upgrade for the Quick Search and it works quite well. The Alt-Team made it so you can choose to turn on or off the “short description” plus they made it so you can turn on or off the “show all results”. So this makes it with more choices depending on what you like. The other good part also is it does not affect the initial speed of the page load.

The only thing that would make this better is if CS-Cart put it back in to the shopping cart by default. :-(

The most immediate thing that I think would make it better is to make is so we can change the background color of the drop down search results. On our page it tends to blend in with the page itself it doesn’t stand out as much.

I would like to say GREAT JOB ALT-TEAM. First of all for listening to customers in the first place and bringing back this search. Second of all for listening again and making tweaks to make it better with the “search all results”.

[/quote]

Thank you for your feedback, Jim, and for helping us improve this add-on. We are glad to hear that everything is fine now.

Everyone who has purchased the Quick search add-on before, please download the updated version from your order details page. And don’t hesitate to contact us any time you have issues with our products. We are always ready to find a solution.

Best regards, Alt-team

Has anyone else purchased this add on yet? I am wondering how the drop down looks on other sites. For our site it doesn't stand out real well. So I am trying to figure out how to tweak it so it does not blend in to the back ground so much. It seems to need a larger border or the drop down should be a shade of yellow or something.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1397573423' post='181758']

Has anyone else purchased this add on yet? I am wondering how the drop down looks on other sites. For our site it doesn't stand out real well. So I am trying to figure out how to tweak it so it does not blend in to the back ground so much. It seems to need a larger border or the drop down should be a shade of yellow or something.

[/quote]

Hello, Jim,

You can change the look of a drop-down window in design/themes/basic/css/addons/quick_search/styles.css

For example, try to change the background-color attribute in line 6 and 24.

Best regards, Alt-team

Has anyone else bought this app yet? If so, are you getting the following in your error log too?

[23-Apr-2014 17:17:21 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: quick_search in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/app/addons/quick_search/controllers/frontend/products.post.php on line 22

I'm trying to figure out what it is and how to get it to stop.

[quote name='clips' timestamp='1398395896' post='182306'] Has anyone else bought this app yet? If so, are you getting the following in your error log too? [23-Apr-2014 17:17:21 America/New_York] PHP Notice: Undefined index: quick_search in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/app/addons/quick_search/controllers/frontend/products.post.php on line 22 I'm trying to figure out what it is and how to get it to stop. [/quote]

Hello Jim,

Actually it's about 20 purchases of this add-on already. Probably users who purchased just don't participate in forums.

The error you are writing about is not an error, it's a notification for programmers. Usually such notifications get disabled on production servers (server should have a setting for it).

Best regards, Alt-team

I have purchased and installed, but apparently it does not work on the interface responsive cs-cart 4.1.5, hopefully they will update it timely

[quote name='phungdiep' timestamp='1401201210' post='184383']

I have purchased and installed, but apparently it does not work on the interface responsive cs-cart 4.1.5, hopefully they will update it timely

[/quote]

Hello phungdiep,

The responsive theme in CS-Cart 4.1.5 is still in beta version and not recommended for production by CS-cart that is why we don't adjust our add-ons to this theme yet. As soon as 4.2.1 appears with the stable responsive theme, we will start making our add-ons compatible with it. Thank you.

Best regards, Alt-team

We got this addon and overall pretty happy. Only concern is that is added over 100mb to our database size. Is this right.?

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1401332619' post='184491']

We got this addon and overall pretty happy. Only concern is that is added over 100mb to our database size. Is this right.?

[/quote]

If it functions like the original, then yes. It creates a table for indexing the search with product name, description, etc…

[quote name='CarStickersDecals' timestamp='1401332619' post='184491']

[/quote]

Yes, it is ok. It happened because of the products' cache.

Kind regards, Alt-team.

Not sure when this started happening, but I just discovered that if there are several pages of results, clicking on the right arrow or any of the numbered pages does not take you to the next page of results. It just refreshes the first page. Anyone else experiencing this problem? I've temporarily disabled it.

Dear Kingsleypress,

You have already sent this problem to our helpdesk. So our developer will answer you via email.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1415857214' post='196844']

Dear Kingsleypress,

You have already sent this problem to our helpdesk. So our developer will answer you via email.

Best regards, Alt-team.

[/quote]

Haven't heard anything. Any updates on progress?

Dear KingsleyPress,

Sorry for a delay in answering.

Our developer have seen your message.

As you provided him with ftp access he is working on your issue now.

Hope that tomorrow he could give you an answer.

Best regards, Alt-team.

Any updates on this problem?

Dear Kingsleypress,

To be honest, our developer has checked your website.

We are sorry, at the moment he has no time to fix it in connection with our workload.

We will do our best to return to your problem as soon as possible.

Best regards, Alt-team.

One month later and still nothing on this. How much longer?

Wow Alt-Team, I must admit that I am surprised by your comments here.

Ourselves we gave up using your quick search because it had a conflict with CS-Cart Rocks app called mega menu. Since Searchanise wigged out we were thinking about going back the direction but I'm just not so sure now.