ADDON: Product Inquiry 1.0

Product Inquiry 1.0 is available in Sno’s Store:

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/store/cs-cart-addons/product-inquiry[/url]

Sno, That seems like a really nice modification. Good Job!

Keep up the good work.

Product Inquiry 1.1 has already been released, for those who have made a donation the download is in your file area.

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/store/product-inquiry[/url]

CHANGELOG

===================================

[] Removed redundant display of product information

[
] Cleaned up and made the inquiry form more professional and less cluttered

[+] Added new options (see image below)

Sno,

A couple of things. First, when I go to my downloads I am still only seeing 1.0. I decided to just download it again becuase I thought maybe you just didn’t update the title, but it ended up being the same file.

I also was able to install this addon just fine, but for the life of me I can’t get it to show up. I did modify my:

skins/basic/customer/common_templates/tabsbox.tpl

This is what I changed it to:

```php {* $Id: tabsbox.tpl 6123 2008-10-08 14:37:14Z lexa $ *}

{if !$active_tab}

{assign var=“active_tab” value=$smarty.request.selected_section}

{/if}

{if $navigation.tabs}

{script src=“js/tabs.js”}

{foreach from=$navigation.tabs item=tab key=key name=tabs}
    {if (!$tabs_section && !$tab.section) || ($tabs_section == $tab.section)}
  • {$tab.title}

• {/if}
    {/foreach}

{$content}

{if $onclick}

{/if}
{else}
{$content}
{/if} ```

Could this have anything to do with it?

Thank you,

Brandon

Sno> could you make a mod found in other sites like:

Our price is too high for you? Offer your price [ your price ] [ email ]

Does this have capability to attach forms as well. Darius , you can use the forms for any extra questions! But the forms do not reflect the product description, code automatically into the forms?

[quote name=‘Darius’]Sno> could you make a mod found in other sites like:

Our price is too high for you? Offer your price [ your price ] [ email ][/QUOTE]

I actually coded this yesterday…lol

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=13731[/url]

AND

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/store/price-match[/url]

[quote name=‘brandonvd’]

Could this have anything to do with it?[/QUOTE]

HI Brandon, can you back the modified tabsbox.tpl and re-upload the original one to see if you works, it should, I have it on 3 of my 2.08 sites and it’s working fine, let me know.

I updated the e-com site but if the new file still isn’t showing up then I’ll email it to you, I think I’ll be switching the site over to cs…lol, Thanks - Sno

Sno,

Bought the mod. I am really excited. As this will be my first mod I have installed, can you give me a few directions?

Thanks,

Adam

P.S. I like the little mods like this that give a quick dose of functionality and are not that much to pick-up. You should start a thread to get a list of quick mods that you or others could build.

[quote name=‘snorocket’]I actually coded this yesterday…lol

[url]http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=13731[/url]

AND

[url]http://www.snorocket.com/store/price-match[/url][/QUOTE]

Well this is not exactly what I meant.

Here the sample

[url]Sporto lažybos internetu – patarimai ir bendrovių apžvalgos

Sno

I figured it out.

I actually didn’t modify my tabsbox.tpl file. I just made the css work so that I could use my tabs. By using my tabs it was pushing the product inquiry tab down to the next line. Since my max width was to small and my overflow was hidden the tab was there, but just hidden.

Good ol firebug showed me my problem and I changed the max width on my style sheet and now everything works.

Of course now that I know this I am going to have to figure out my tabs before I add any new tabs.

Thank you Sno,

Brandon

[quote name=‘Darius’]Well this is not exactly what I meant.

Here the sample

[url]Sporto lažybos internetu – patarimai ir bendrovių apžvalgos

I can’t read the site and can’t figure out anything on this page, can you put together a detailed screen shot? and I’ll make the addon, Thanks - Sno

Thank You

Brandon

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to install this addon?

Thanks,

Adam

just upload it to your cs-cart installation and go to administration > addons and install the addon, set your options, that’s it - Sno

Snorocket:

Good add-on, so is the “match to price” addon tab.

However, would this be more flexible:

1. let admin set up a block in product detail tab section
  2. let admin add a page, poll or form as the content of the block, rather than just a link

It’s CS-Cart default feature that it only allows links of pages, polls and forms to be added to a block in the product detail page. However, if it can be modified so that admin can add the actual page, poll or form directly into the block, rather than just their links, it would be much helpful and flexible, as then the users can create many other similar applications of it (similar to your “match your price” and "product inquiry’ addons).

Doing it this way, there might be a small issue, as the product detail information might not be availabe when admin builds the form under “Content” → “Page”.

However, that can be sorted as well, as in the “Type” colume of the “Form Builder”, extra fields/selection can be added, such as product ID, product name, etc, etc., so that the admin can choose from.

Regards,

–Wei

[quote name=‘guts_glory’]

However, would this be more flexible:

1. let admin set up a block in product detail tab section
  2. let admin add a page, poll or form as the content of the block, rather than just a link[/quote]

Hi Wei, I’ve complained to CS again and again that this is the way pages, polls and custom form fields should be displayed, they have yet to listen - Sno

Hey Sno, got time for some theming work? Perhaps you know someone who does? I have a theming job but not the time to complete it.

[quote name=‘gginorio’]Hey Sno, got time for some theming work? Perhaps you know someone who does? I have a theming job but not the time to complete it.[/quote]

You mean skinning a site?