ADDON: Product Designer Addon

[quote name='Alt-team' timestamp='1315302203' post='121055']

We have released the Product designer add-on version 1.0.5. This version includes:

[list]

[]Generating of PDF document was added to the order details page in administration area (experimental feature).

[
]The ability to upload photos was added to “Fixed objects” and “Sticker” modes.

[]Positioning of font preview images was corrected.

[
]“Width” and “Height” settings were realized for design objects.

[]“Size” setting was removed from design objects.

[
]Minor bug fixes.

[/list]

Find out more about demo version and buy add-on you can on this page.

[/quote]

Gets better each time guys,

thanks

john

In sticker mode, is there a way to choose a default background color? For me it defaults to the same color as the font, which can confuse users as they add text, but don't see it because it is the same color as the background.

I really like this plugin and it will be instrumental to my business if I can get it to work.

When I upgraded to CS Cart v2.2.2, the image upload stopped working. In fact it crashes the entire site, storefront and admin!

Has anyone else had this problem?

We did get the same error, but only if the image was too large.

[quote name='plinkplink' timestamp='1318447144' post='123549']

I really like this plugin and it will be instrumental to my business if I can get it to work.

When I upgraded to CS Cart v2.2.2, the image upload stopped working. In fact it crashes the entire site, storefront and admin!

Has anyone else had this problem?

[/quote]

I have a similar problem. It doesn't crash the site but I get an error whenever I try to upload a photo

[IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2038"]

I have just installed 1.5 on a new site 2.2.3 but nothing showing in addons, cleared cache etc etc but still nothing.It is showing in addons folder in root via ftp but not in Admin Do i have to install , 1.0 then each upgrade or am I missing something.

Thanks

John

Any updates to compatibility from v2.1.4 in your first post description?

Does it support the current version's of CS-Cart?

What is the upgrade path? Can you easily export all data and import (restore or copy) to another store?

Thank you.

When the first edition of this was released I am sure we could add more than 1 canvas to a product… now we cant, am I correct and if so does anyone have the ability to add more than 1 canvas.

thanks

John

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1319910504' post='124857']

When the first edition of this was released I am sure we could add more than 1 canvas to a product… now we cant, am I correct and if so does anyone have the ability to add more than 1 canvas.

thanks

John

[/quote]

I can add more than one canvas to a product as long as I have more than one view.

So everything is stable now in v2.2.x ??

Thank you.

[quote name='UniDevelopers' timestamp='1321182002' post='125867']

So everything is stable now in v2.2.x ??

Thank you.

[/quote]

I heard their would be an update within 2 weeks to add some new functionality, any bugs should be reported directly to Alexey at the Alt-Team, otherwise the issues will not get fixed if they don't know about them, Thanks - Sno

I have had a couple of strange things with this over the weeks .

One of the product we use it for is custom printed hi visibility vests, and we have had a few come through on the designer on admin with for example the text for just one word going over on to 2 lines.

eg Photographer would appear in admin on 2 lines like

photogra

pher

Up till now our printers have just assumed the customer had input it wrong and we just done it the right way…no problem but today we did one order for a number of them that came through as

CP2

011 in the admin side

But the customer returned them as they should have been

CP

When I looked into the customers account (act on behalf of) I can see that in fact she was right and maybe this could have been the case for all the others.

So my quation is… as anyone else had anything like this, that show different in the admin side than the customer side.

Also strangely enough Chrome wont open the designer admin page on this order but it will in open in explorer, which allows us to see the WRONG print.

Hope it makes sense and screenshots are attached. I am wondering whether the print area/canvas needs some sort of buffer or whatever.

Thanks for any other info from designer users.

john

customer#.JPG

admin.JPG

This addon is looking pretty good except… when I add clip arts and colors, the columns resize and push each other off the screen.

For example, if I have 20 ciparts it makes 6 columns, pushing the colors off the page. Conversely, if I increase the number of colors, the swatches rearrange themselves into more columns and off they go.

So as it is, I can't really have more than a few colors and cliparts.

It seems like we need to have a set number of columns so that as I add more items, they just make more rows, not columns.

I'm working with the horizontal layout.

Dear friends!

We have launched 25% Christmas discount on our CS-Cart add-ons. The discount ends on January 10-th 2012.

Product designer add-on is now available at $187.50. Usual price $250.

It can be a good deal, try demo!

Best regards, Alt-team

Dear friends!

We are glad to announce that “Product designer” add-on version 1.0.6 has been released!

New version includes several improvements and bug fixes:

[list]

[] The photo uploading was improved.

[
]The ability to display color palette without scrolling was added.

[]The ability to display clipart element without initial color was added.

[
]The ability to set a cost for a letter per space unit was added.

[]Corner radius feature for images was added.

[
]The ability to edit photo position in photo area was added.

[]Layers panel was added.

[
]The ability to set a photo area in T-shirt and Sticker modes was added.

[]Font categories were added.

[
]Displaying of clipart panel was fixed.

[]Generating of PDF document was improved.

[
]Displaying of some specific types of cliparts on canvas was fixed.

[]Links to previews of design at order page in customer area was added.

[
]The ability to set a price per item for photos was added.

[]Setting which disables price displaying was added.

[
]Minor bug fixes.

[/list]

You can try demo on this page.

Best regards, Alt-team

Great additions guys, this is a must for anyone selling customisable products, it really has more than trebled my online custom gear sales.

CAn i Ask if anyone else is able to upload more than 1 canvas per view item. Back on the first version this was possible I did it, but now I can only add 1 canvas area to 1 product view.

John

Awesome! We bought the previous version a few months ago. What's the upgrade policy again?

Dear John,

[quote name='johnbol1' timestamp='1328878718' post='131015']

CAn i Ask if anyone else is able to upload more than 1 canvas per view item. Back on the first version this was possible I did it, but now I can only add 1 canvas area to 1 product view.

[/quote]

There is not such an ability in the current version of product designer and there wasn't such an ability before as well. We will think about including it in the next version.

Dear plinkplink,

[quote]

Awesome! We bought the previous version a few months ago. What's the upgrade policy again?

[/quote]

You can read about our upgrade policy on this page: Upgrade Policy

Thank you.

In Horizontal mode the image (side) doesn't center. The canvas can't be aligned.

http://www.unikeep.c…der-1-inch.html

Edit: I just pushed the canvas to the left to line it up. Not exact and my press guys are not going to be happy, but it works for now.

Colors swatches get scrambled in the cliparts.