ADDON: iPhone Administration + Customer Skin

Thread for Official Build of the iPhone Web Application Addon for CS-CART 2.1 which is going to be a replication of the current “Magento” iPhone Addon

The Quote

For the administrator’s panel:

1. We will add the “Mobile” tab to the top menu in the administrator’s panel.
  2. We will upload two background images and one image for the banner on the home page in this tab.
  3. We will add the ability to upload twelve basic colors for the color scheme of the mobile skin. You will be able to select a color in the pop-up window created with the help of JavaScript.
  4. Also, we will create a section with the tabs which will later be displayed at the bottom of the screen. These tabs will direct to some certain pages of the store.

These changes will cost approximately USD 675.

As you can see, there is the Preview functionality in the right part of the page with the settings of the mobile skin in Magento. This functionality allows to show how the home page of the mobile skin will look when applying current settings. Please let us know if you want to use this functionality also. If yes, this addition will cost USD 450.

In the customer’s area:
  5. We will create a new skin that will be used only for the mobile add-on.
  6. We will make the adaptation of the color scheme set in the admin panel.
  7. We will change only the appearance and the color scheme. We will not change the default functionality of CS-Cart.

These changes will cost approximately USD 1350.

In this case the total cost of the project will be approximately USD 2475 and depend on the detailed specification. Please let us know if this cost suits you and I will prepare the detailed description of the project for you.

Comments

I guess we would live without the Preview option saving $450 so a total to get this project built will be $2025 - we already have other cs-cart users that have made donations to this project totaling $500 so we need to get some more! is there anyone else that can make donations to this project? anyone that makes donations will get a copy of this addon for FREE! we would all like to see this addon for cs-cart and every little helps.

we are looking for people whom are willing to make donations of $100+ - if anyone is interested and wanting to make a donation to this development please contact me in with with the following details:

Name:

Email:

Donation Amount:

The donation will need to be sent to our PayPal account so when we have the $2025 i can send over to cs-cart and get this started!

I will add this information to the list to keep you updated on development and a URL to see the development in action! would really like to get this moving fast so we need to hit this target as soon as possible.

donated… come one lets all make this happen…

I donated as well.

Surely there are more cs-cart users that want to donate towards this project? the quicker we get it in the quicker it can be developed!

The “Creation of a new skin for the Mobile add-on” project.

1. We will create a new skin that will be used only for the Mobile add-on.
  2. We will make the adaptation of the color scheme set in the admin panel.
  3. All the colors and backgrounds used for the new skin will consist of 12 colors set in the administration panel.

4 We will add the ability to use the banner uploaded from the page of mobile skin settings on the Home page.
  4. We will make the appearance of the Home page for the Mobile add-on as similar to the template ([url]http://www.magentocommerce.com/blog/comments/introducing-the-new-magento-mobile-admin/[/url]) as possible.
  5. We will adapt the display of other store pages to the mobile skin.
  6. The mobile skin will have a fixed 320px width.
  7. We will change only the look and feel (color scheme). We will not change the default functionality of CS-Cart.
  8. All additions and changes of this project will require some extra payments.
  9. This project will work correctly in the Internet Explorer 7 (for Windows OS), Internet Explorer 8 (for Windows OS), FireFox 3 (for Linux and Windows OS), Safari (for Windows OS) and Google Chrome (for Windows OS) browsers.

Please review the detailed description above and if you think it misses something, then please supplement it or specify any of the points if necessary. The price I provide includes only the changes described above. So, I would recommend you to review the offered solution thoroughly and correct/complete it if necessary.

The total cost of this project will be USD 1350. We will start working on the project in 2 weeks after the payment is made. The “Creation new skin for the Mobile addon” task will take us 15-17 business days to complete.

The design integration will be carried out according to the Web Design Integration Agreement ([url]https://www.cs-cart.com/web-design-integration-agreement.html[/url])

If you agree to all terms described in this document and the detailed specification provided above suits you, please confirm it and we will raise the invoice.

The ‘Mobile skin in administration panel’ modification.
  10. We will add the ‘Mobile’ tab to the top menu in the administration area.
  11. There will be the ‘Manage mobile skin’ link under this tab.
  12. If the administrator clicks on the ‘Manage mobile skin’ link the page with the mobile skin settings will be loaded.
  13. The ‘Mobile skin’ page will have three tabs boxes. They are ‘General’, ‘Color scheme’ and ‘Tabs’.
  14. The administrator will have an ability to load the ‘Logo in Header’, ‘Banner on Home page’ and ‘Background’ images in the ‘General’ tabs box on the ‘Mobile skin’ page.
  15. The administrator will have an ability to set up the ‘Header Background Color’, ‘Primary Color’, ‘Secondary Color’, ‘Category Item Background Color’, ‘Category Button Color’, ‘Header Font Color’, ‘Primary Font Color’, ‘Secondary Font Color’, ‘Price Font Color’, ‘Background Color’, ‘Scroll Background Color’ and ‘Related Product Background Color’ colors in the ‘Color scheme’ tabs box on the ‘Mobile skin’ page.

The administrator will be able to select a color in the pop-up window created with the help of JavaScript.
  16. The administrator will have an ability to enable/disable the tabs in the ‘Tabs’ tabs box on the ‘Mobile skin’ page. There will be five tabs in this section. They are ‘Home’(always enabled), ‘Cart’, ‘Account’, ‘Search’ and ‘Shop’. The active tabs will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
  17. All additions and changes of this project will require some extra payments.
  18. This project will work correctly in the Internet Explorer 7 (for Windows OS), Internet Explorer 8 (for Windows OS), FireFox 3 (for Linux and Windows OS), Safari (for Windows OS) and Google Chrome (for Windows OS) browsers.

(!) We do not guarantee that there will not be any errors during the future upgrades.

However, we will do our best so that the integrated functionality can be upgraded with minimal conflicts.

Such a changes will cost USD675. We will start working on the project in 2 weeks after the payment is made. The “Mobile skin in administration panel” task will take us 10-15 business days to complete.

The total cost of these projects will be USD 2025. Please let me know if it works for you, and I will raise the invoice.

I’m concerned that item #10 makes no mention of iPhone, Blackberry, Android, or other mobile browsers.

It is for iPhone, i can assure you of that! we are still needing om donations, are you interested?

I may be interested. Just so I understand correctly, this will allow iPhone users to view your site optimized for iPhone but computer users will still see the regular skin. Correct?

yes this is correct - its going to be very similar to the magento one that is available

Is it an app or will it work in the iPhone Safari browser. Also will it work with CSCart 2.0.14?

Hello All,

Here is a Magento iPhone video demo:

[url]- YouTube

Lee Li Pop

Magento makes an app, but I think we’re talking about a skin for CS-Cart.

1line:

Can you confirm if this is a skin or an app. If it’s a skin, will we be able to have a web skin and a mobile skin active at the same time (so if someone comes from a mobile device they get the mobile skin. Also I need to know if this will be compatible with 2.0.14. The client that would be interested is on that version and it is heavily modded so they can’t switch to 2.1 anytime soon.

[quote name=‘grayloon’]Magento makes an app, but I think we’re talking about a skin for CS-Cart.[/QUOTE]

yep you are correct, the magento application is what we are basing this cs-cart addon on - it will be configured teh same in admin and look simular in the customer view on the iphone as the magento one but will be for cs-cart only!

[quote name=‘idg’]1line:

Can you confirm if this is a skin or an app. If it’s a skin, will we be able to have a web skin and a mobile skin active at the same time (so if someone comes from a mobile device they get the mobile skin. Also I need to know if this will be compatible with 2.0.14. The client that would be interested is on that version and it is heavily modded so they can’t switch to 2.1 anytime soon.[/QUOTE]

we currently have in mind that this will be for 2.1.x as it is currently in the low end of builds it should cover a majority of future releases - when it is complete we can test in 2.0.x but from what i can remember there was many changes from 2.0.x > 2.1.x so might not be workable on that version however might not be to much work to work for 2.0.x - it would be a good idea for us to cover this as we expect that a lot of users would be on these builds!

to confirm though for you, it is going to be a skin, so when the site is visited using the iphone the iphone version of the site will be loaded, for the initial build anyway, in the future releases it would support other handsets!

in regards to an app from the app store, we do have this on our list of things to do after the initial release, but it would simply be an app that we would configure to your store brand which would load up the store iphone skin through the app directly.

Also in the pipeline but only in doodles and writing is to develop an administration app to manage the admin side of thecart through your iphone but this is just an idea of concept at the moment.

My main priority at the moment is getting enough donations together to get the initial solution built for the iphone skin and then we will develop / fund the other ideas - so any donations are welcome, remember that donators will receive a licenced copy of the iphone skin / admin addon for free!

Please move your posts to the 3rd party section. You are offering services that are not in response to a particular problem.

While these are all great ideas, the 3rd party forum is specifically for 3rd parties to gather information about the demand for a product and/or to solicit interest in existing products.

If the solutions are in response to a merchant posed problem, then it’s completely appropriate to respond with a link/description of a solution being offered. However, to use the hints/modifications section to gather requirements for future offerings seems a bit blatant to me. And it’s happening repetitively.

Not trying to start a pissing match, just want everyone to play by the same rules so some sanity is maintained here.

1line, if this skin will be compatible with 2.0.14, I will contribute. Where are you at contribution wise.

I want to make a donation but i need to know if it is not a joke.

If this is really the same as the youtube video shows, I am interested.

Hello Michael,

[quote name=‘michael’]If this is really the same as the youtube video shows, I am interested.[/QUOTE]

For sure, if this works as Magento Mobile:

[url]- YouTube

That’s will be the CS-Cart biggest surprise of 2011!

On another hand, Prestashop has its mobile theme compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch, Android and iPad, for only 69 Euro:

[url]http://en.iprestashop.net/[/url]

Online demo is here:

[url]http://demo.iprestashop.net/[/url]

Lee Li Pop