Addon: Email customer when item back in stock

@Tool and I hijacked another thread but thought it would be best to open a new one related to this topic.

I guess the question is whether there is interest in an addon that will email a client when and item is back in stock. I.e.

User goes to product detail page. “Out of stock” is replaced with a link that says something like “Out of stock - click to be notified”.

Then when the quantity of the item goes from zero or less to a positive number, then the customers who wanted to be notified are sent an email notifying them it is back in stock with probably a link to the add to cart page…

Tony, CS already has this on the Roadmap and also Webgraphiq offers it. Probably not going to be worth the hassle.?

Okay, consider this thread cancelled…

I would have bought it… :slight_smile:

Sounds like you can already buy it from webgraphiq.com

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]Okay, consider this thread cancelled…[/QUOTE]

I don’t know how many people would be interested but if you are just itching to work on something, MAP pricing is an idea.

I had someone contact me regarding MAP. I quoted him 3hours and he fell out of his chair.

It would not be a difficult thing to do, addon cost would be about $49.99 by my estimates. Why don’t you open a new thread and we’ll see how much interest there is and what requirements turn out to be. You could seed it by listing your requirements.

Always have the itch! :slight_smile:

[quote name=‘tbirnseth’]I had someone contact me regarding MAP. I quoted him 3hours and he fell out of his chair.[/QUOTE]

LMAO

JOhn

[QUOTE]I don’t know how many people would be interested but if you are just itching to work on something, MAP pricing is an idea.[/QUOTE]

Another excellent idea specifically for Tbirnseth! :slight_smile:

A True Bundling Addon is needed, key particulars as follows:

For example, offer the ability to sell multiples of an individual item and properly display them as a Bundle from the individual product pages.

Red Widget

SKU: RW1

Unit of Measure: Each

Price $1.00

Or, Purchase Red Widgets as a Full Carton (50 Widgets)!

SKU: RW50

Unit of Measure: Carton

Price $50.00

• The bundle price must be calculated for display behind the scenes (Not "Bundle: + $49.00)

• Need ability to seperately enter & store correct sku numbers for bundle items

• Unit of Measure fields should be clearly displayed for customer clarity

• Should be a true Addon mod including Mysql db script for inclusion of additional product fields

I would bet highly that an addon like this would generate some very good interest. I would also “guarantee” that I would be the 1st one to purchase a mod like this… :wink:

Edit: Oops, I see where you said “another idea”… My bad!

@struck - What does bundling have to do with MAP pricing?

MAP - Minimum Advertised Pricing

Is generally done as:

if( my price is less than the MAP price)

then display a link that says something like “our price is below the MSRP, please click to see the actual price”.

The link would be an add to cart link that would put the item in the cart where the price would be displayed. This makes it a non-advertised price and hence the Manufcaturers don’t cut you off for advertising below their MAP.

Not sure how “bundling” would come into this… What am I missing? Bundling would be a separate thing, but not clear on why that isn’t handled by Quantity Pricing.

T,

[QUOTE]@struck - What does bundling have to do with MAP pricing?[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I must have got caught up in the moment & highjacked the thread you killed!

Basically, I was saying that I thought Tools mod idea would be useful by many, and then offered another excellent idea for a much needed mod! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE]Bundling would be a separate thing, but not clear on why that isn’t handled by Quantity Pricing.[/QUOTE]

Ok, view it this way then:

A well done “Bundling” mod allows for a very clean way of offering the same product, however, in “multiple units of measure” all from the same individual product page!

Any business owner which sells products in bulk (Wholesalers) will kill for this…and there are very few carts which I have seen that can do this the right way. :wink:

[quote]

and there are very few carts which I have seen that can do this the right way.

[/quote]

Unfortunately, one person’s gem is another’s thorn. It’s very difficult to develop one-size-fits-all. Cs has actually done a fair job of it. If they were actually merchants, they could figure out the rest.

Let me think on it. Suggest you start this as a new thread specifically for this topic and see who’s interested and what their requirements would be.

The trouble with anything related to pricing is that it’s PHP, template and Javascript code all working in unison. Miss one thing and everything blows up. Their JS is not commented at all so one has to do a reasonable amount of study to figure things out.

Ok, here is my ACME Bird Seed page:

On this page is of course my beautiful bird seed images as well as detailed product description.

From this same page I want to offer my bird seed in a 16 oz box, a 5 gal pail, and in a 75 Lb bag (Not 3 differerent products, just 3 different packaging variations!)

For the proper control of inventory/accounting functions, each of these 3 pre-packged variations we offer to our customers must all have unique sku numbers!

[QUOTE]Unfortunately, one person’s gem is another’s thorn.[/QUOTE]

I would not view it this way at all T, as mentioned, there are alot of online businesses which sell products in wholesale volumes in bulk, my bet is there is a far greater demand/need for this than what might initially appear.

Can’t it be addressed by option combinations? I.e. you have the base SKU of bird seed with the 3 additional option combinations that would each have their own sku.

I.e.

Bird seed (abc): 16oz box - $7.99

Bird seed (def): 5 gallon pail (+ $8.23)

Bird seed (hij): 75 lb. bag (+ $12.84)

We should really put this in a dedicated thread.

[QUOTE]Can’t it be addressed by option combinations? I.e. you have the base SKU of bird seed with the 3 additional option combinations that would each have their own sku.

I.e.

Bird seed (abc): 16oz box - $7.99

Bird seed (def): 5 gallon pail (+ $8.23)

Bird seed (hij): 75 lb. bag (+ $12.84)[/QUOTE]

Short answer is a “sometimes yes”, realworld answer is that it creates a very ugly, very confusing presentation, more often than not it is simply not practical. I will see if I can create a test product to simulate this and create a screen shot to better clarify.

[QUOTE]We should really put this in a dedicated thread.[/QUOTE]

Yes, if any cs forum admin would be so kind as to move these “Bundling” related posts to a seperate thread, thank you in advance!